SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Larue Triggers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Larue Triggers Login/Join 
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted
After hearing all the reviews about the LaRue triggers, I ordered one yesterday. They're currently on sale for $99 if you choose the I've Got Time option for shipping. Can't wait to get it and get it installed.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 for my grandsons’ builds this winter. They’re very nice. Maybe as good as the trigger on my LWRC.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Agreed, they are rather nice (especially at $100).

I installed one with the heavier spring set on one of my recent builds with a red dot. I like it very much with the heavier press, even more than with the lighter spring set.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Larue triggers are excellent. Very good value for what you pay. Love the Geissele triggers, but love the Larues, too.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I have 2 MBTs, and they are wonderful replacements for the garbage stock AR trigger.

Would recommend.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Other than the Geissele that came stock with my AAC PDW, I’ve transitioned all my home rifles to the Larue. I thought about buying one for work but my chief made me switch all our rifles back to select fire.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I ordered one on March 15...haven't heard a thing since, but I did choose the "I've got plenty of time" option, and I figure they are probably pretty backlogged with the deal they are currently running. I really don't need it right away, but I kinda hope it gets here before they stop offering the $99 sale, because if it's as good as everybody says, I may want to buy a couple more.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My work buddy is from Texas so he was all over the MBT when I told him about it. He opted for the plenty of time price and he got it about three weeks ago.

I installed it for him and we took a Carbine class last week. He was all smiles and I was also impressed with it.

I am a huge Geissele fan boy but for $99 I can highly recommend the MBT and will consider it for future builds.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I have 2 MBTs, and they are wonderful replacements for the garbage stock AR trigger.

Would recommend.

This.

I am very happy with mine.

Posts: 14124 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
I just ordered my 4th trigger from them.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
I'm up to five now. Price wise, they can be beat.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered #3 and #4. At $99, hard to beat. In fact, their sale comes up so often, I wonder if anyone orders them at the normal prices any more.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
How does this trigger compare to the ALG? I don't care for the super light triggers I've shot in the past (Geissele) and I like the ALGs, but with LaRue only being another $20-$30, I could be interested.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I ordered one on March 15...haven't heard a thing since, but I did choose the "I've got plenty of time" option, and I figure they are probably pretty backlogged with the deal they are currently running. I really don't need it right away, but I kinda hope it gets here before they stop offering the $99 sale, because if it's as good as everybody says, I may want to buy a couple more.

I ordered mine on March 10th and it arrived last week. You should be coming up in the queue pretty soon...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
How does this trigger compare to the ALG? I don't care for the super light triggers I've shot in the past (Geissele) and I like the ALGs, but with LaRue only being another $20-$30, I could be interested.

Much better than the ALG trigger. Worth a few extra bucks. My ALG now resides in the parts box.

The MBT is not super light, just a smooth crisp break.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received one with my Larue upper. It's a good trigger, IMHO it splits the difference in value between an ALG and an SSA.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Just realized I forgot to come back here and update this. My MBT, ordered March 15, got here on May 9. So about a week less than 2 months. And boy was it worth the wait!! I went straight out and ordered another one for my next build. Shot it side by side with my buddy's RRA 2 stage, and there's no comparison...especially considering they are comparably priced.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I ordered mine on the 27th of April, I think it was. Hasn’t been shipped yet, but I’m not in a hurry. I’m sure it’ll be along soon.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:IMHO it splits the difference in value between an ALG and an SSA.

Agree 100%

Great way to look at the MBT.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I be the dissenter.

One of my coworkers is a big MBT fan. I've shot his builds on numerous occasions and I like those triggers. Very clean. However I won't give up my SSA-Es but there's no denying that for a C-note the Larue is a relative bargain...as long as you don't need it yesterday. Or dislike an uncertain wait time. According to my coworker, he's had his show up within a week. And he's had to wait a month and a half as well. And a couple of times somewhere in between.

Myself, I hate waiting. And at $175 for 'gotta have it now' shipping I've done better. My last SSA-Es were purchased prior to last Christmas from Primary Arms for $150 per, and they showed up in less than a week. The equally impressive Ruger Elite 452 2-stage trigger is available EVERYWHERE for less than what the MBT goes for, and arrives without any prolonged, needless wait. Unless you just have to have a trigger blessed by Thy Great Mark, they are a pass for me.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post