SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Suggestions for finishing an AR build
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for finishing an AR build Login/Join 
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted
I currently have a S&W VTAC I with a Aimpoint PRO filling the red dot AR check box and now I’m looking to fill that 18” barrel with a scope checkbox. I have a VLTOR iMod stock and generic pistol grip sitting on a shelf at home. I have a LaRue MBT, Giessele charging handle and lower parts kit, and Aero Precison Gen 2 AR-15 lower coming in the mail. I’m probably going to go low price on the buffer tube, spring, and buffer so what can everyone recommend for an upper? Rainier Arms has an 18” upper minus the rail and muzzle device that looks pretty good for $600 but are there any other good deals/setups out there or should I avoid that Rainier Arms sale?

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I am well pleased with my build around a LaRue Stealth barrel.

You could go with this option, sell the included stock, LPK and trigger, and be around that $600 price point.

These LaRue uppers are a screaming deal, I just wish I wasn't saving for thermal optics.

https://www.larue.com/products...ate-ar-15-upper-kit/

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
They have free assembly and test fire going on right now too.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
Good call on that Upper kit!! Glad that I have another Boilermaker looking out for me!

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post