SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    300BLK Build
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300BLK Build Login/Join 
Picture of Newf
posted
Started this awhile back, but it took some time to get all the parts (still waiting on a muzzle device obviously, brake should be here next week) so has been a work in progress for awhile. But I was in no hurry; my first AR build and took this on as a learning experience as much as owning the end result. But I'm happy with the way it's turned out, just need that brake to take it out and tune the gas block and get the scope sighted in.

It'll be a range toy only, shooting light supersonic ammo as a starting point.

DPMS upper/lower (got a deal on it, as it came already cerakoted I had the forend cerakoted to match)
OdinWorks 10.5" barrel 1/8 twist, and a bunch of their other stuff as well including stock and O2 Lite forend
Nikon P300 2-7 scope
BCM LPK, which included their PNT trigger group.
Radian's E-BCG and Raptor CH

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Must be nice to not have to wait for a stamp, too. Frown

Good lookin rifle!

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Nice stone backdrop. LoL.
I'm interested to know how legit the BDC reticle is on that.
I was thinking of adding one to my 16" .
How do you like the mag extension?

(My three .300blks)

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Must be nice to not have to wait for a stamp, too. Frown

Good lookin rifle!

Thanks, nope - no tax stamp but far more restricted in most ways than for you guys.

quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Nice stone backdrop. LoL.
I'm interested to know how legit the BDC reticle is on that.
I was thinking of adding one to my 16" .
How do you like the mag extension?

(My three .300blks)

Nice trio! And yes nice stone too LOL! Not sure how the BDC reticle is just yet, supposedly calibrated with Remington 110gn UMC ammo. But got another good deal on the scope, and as I wasn't looking to break the bank on the build figured I'd give it a try. Nikon does have a free ap "Spot On" so you can calibrate for your own handloads with chrono data, which I'll be giving a try. I have small hands, so the extended mag release works great for me.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Oops, think I misread your question Grumpybike - no mag extension, just a 30 round mag from my Tavor LOL. Unfortunately, like California, we have 'em pinned anyway.

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
why not get some 50 beowulf mags?

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
why not get some 50 beowulf mags?

Oh I may have a few of those kicking around somewhere Wink