SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Help identifying what type of rifles these are:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help identifying what type of rifles these are: Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
Some type of .50 bmg rifle I'm reckoning but was hoping someone could be more specific.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hmmm... looks a lot like a bolt action, but without the bolt...

Many people generally don't buy a precision bolt action rifle from a single, turn key operation that makes all of its components. An action here, a barrel there, a preferred stock, favorite trigger, scope & rings of choice. With quality components, the 'smith assembling the rifle, the chambering, and the ammo are very important factors.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Careful junior, I see a cougar stalking its (rich) prey.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Is that Trump, Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Is that Trump, Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle?

Yep

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
A couple of guesses would be McMillin or Horstkamp. Klaus Horstkamp is no longer alive but he built some excellent long range BMG bolt guns. You can check out the old State Arms Gun Company. He is gone now but Klaus would build some fine rifles to the customers specs. RIP sir.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I think the ladys' rifle is something smaller like .338 Lapua. The muzzle brake looks like one I used to machine. Mossburg ? IIRC, it was for the Lapua cartridge.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
The one Jr. is holding is built by Applied Ballistics Weapons Division chambered in 375 ELR.

Details here:

http://www.longrangeonly.com/f...um/4002-375-elr.html

Her’s is built by the same in 6.5 Creedmoor with a SIG Tango6 scope.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
The one Jr. is holding is built by Applied Ballistics Weapons Division chambered in 375 ELR.

Details here:

Not debating you’re wrong, as I have no clue in regards to who made the rifle. I will say that the two rounds on the sling don’t appear to be .50BMG.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
quote:

Details here:

Not debating you’re wrong, as I have no clue in regards to who made the rifle. I will say that the two rounds on the sling don’t appear to be .50BMG.

Confused

They say the they improved the 375 Cheytac calling it 375 ELR.

Here it is next to the 6.5.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
quote:

Details here:

Bipod...

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Jeebus, drabfour, that round is no joke! Eek Eek

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post