SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    It's Christmas!!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's Christmas!!!!! Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted
Soon to be FIL gave me a thing....

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
nice!!!

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Did your soon to be FIL give you a bribe to marry his daughter? Just asking. Big Grin

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ero:
Did your soon to be FIL give you a bribe to marry his daughter? Just asking. Big Grin

Dan

I didn't need a bribe, but the guy owns his own commercial fishing boats in Alaska and I'm the only guy in the family now who has been up there and likes the outdoors.

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
I was stationed at Ft Campbell for 3 years, many years before you were born. I graduated from Austin Peay and while a student married my wife of 53 years.
I didn't need a bribe either, but the fishing boats in Alaska sure sounds mighty good. Walleye fishing is my favorite.
Best of luck to you and your bride to be.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sweet Man-licker!!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Glad to see things are turning for the better.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Very nice. Glad to see things are turning for the better.

Thanks, the past 6 months have been crazy.

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Now that is a sweet dowry!

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
You should celebrate with a low country boil.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
You should celebrate with a low country boil.

AROCK Razz

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
375 with iron sights....he has taste

Lucky you

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Can anyone identify those scope mounts? They unlock and lift up, front has a slide lock and rear has a claw to mount instead of the leupold twist mounts.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I graduated from Austin Peay...

Go Peay!Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zacsquatch:
Can anyone identify those scope mounts? They unlock and lift up, front has a slide lock and rear has a claw to mount instead of the leupold twist mounts.

EAW mounts and rings I think.
Very sweet rig. The spare mag in the buttstock is great idea underused, and an very uncommon feature.

The moose and elk nearby should be very worried.

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Very NICE!
I had a Steyr 69, 308 some years back, it was the first model and didn't have a designation but if it did, would be the P1. It had a simuler hammer-forged barrel with a double set trigger it was an awesome gun, the mags were hard to find and if you could do your part it shot like a laser. It came with irons but also had the grooves. It took some searching but I first found a NATO scope adapter, which used NATO rings and I've still got a set or two of the 1" and 30mm as they fit some HK and ARMS scope mounts that I still have. I did finally find some Steyr rings which went with it when I sold it ... It was one of those guns that was so accurate it was boring to shoot so it sat in the safe most of the time ... It was a bad decision but I sold it to fund something else. It's one of those guns I regret selling but since I'll likely never shoot a 308 again I guess I'll live with it ... And if things change, I know where there's a P4 in a private collection!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
BUEHLER mounts? Back during that time only a few options for Mannlicher mounts.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I have always wanted a Steyr with the spiral hammered barrel!!

I have never noticed one with a spare mag holder like that, very cool.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't he have anything for big game? Nice fil and nice rifle. enjoy.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post