SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    716 FPRP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

716 FPRP Login/Join 
posted
Since I´m located overseas and SIG Germany seem to have closed shop, I´m having a hard time finding spare parts. My firing pin retainer pin is FUBAR and other "AR-10 style" rifles seem to differ in FPRP dimensions. Tried one that was too thick, standard split pins are either too skinny (2mm) or too fat (2.5mm), it´s really testing my patience.

BC FPRP borehole is 2.36mm / 0,09291339 inches.
FPRP is approximately 2.20mm / 0.0866142 inches in diameter.
FPRP length is 25mm / 0,984252 inches

Any idea if HK, DPMS or Savage can be used as donators? These are the most commons AR-10s we see here....

Posts: 4 | Registered: August 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad Apple
of the AAP
Picture of 9mm_shooter
posted Hide Post
I would try to carefully modify an existing 2.5mm pin if you can't find the original one. Find a machinist and they can usually put it on a lathe and thin it out to spec. Take the bolt with you so that they can fit it perfectly.

Good luck.

Posts: 7793 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HTR353:
Since I´m located overseas and SIG Germany seem to have closed shop, I´m having a hard time finding spare parts.

Check out their German Website. There´s an official statement about what´s shut down and waht not and why.

It seems like they still are providing services.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post