SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    If you have thought about 1.93” mount, go for it!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you have thought about 1.93” mount, go for it! Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted
I got a Scalar Works mount for Christmas and I just got around to mounting it up on a T1. I have used lower 1/3 for years and the 1.93” height is perfect for me, so much more comfortable. Having my head a little higher up seems to be faster as well. If you are on the fence about trying a little higher mount go for it.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I have red dots and LPVO's at 1.93 and 2.04 now (1 of each).

I really like it for stand-up shooting. Prone and compromised positions/working around barriers tends to be a bit my troublesome as I have a tendency to still crunch in and get really tight to the stock.

Badger Ordnance makes a 1.70 scope mount, one of those might be in my future as a nice compromise between the 1.93 and 1.54 heights.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking set up.

I installed a YHM .5" riser to see how that worked with a LPVO and like it much better, looks pretty hokey though.
Doesn't seem too tall for me this way and is much more comfortable.
I can go prone and not have to fight with my glasses and ear pro to get a good sight picture and still have a good cheek weld.
Will have to wait a bit to fork out the money for a couple 1.93" mounts though, ammo costs have put stuff like that on hold for now.

My Romeo5 has an ADM low rise mount that's absolute witness.
I mocked it up with the 1/3 spacer that came with the dot and found that I like that a bit higher up also. I just need to pop into the store and get some longer screws to mount it properly.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
Badger Ordnance makes a 1.70 scope mount, one of those might be in my future as a nice compromise between the 1.93 and 1.54 heights.

I have a 1.7 Badger paired with a Vortex PST GenII 1-6 and its the bees knees. Go for it, you wont be disappointed at all.

powermad - Yes, glasses and especially ear pro seem less there now.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That looks like a pretty good set up! Thanks for the picture, I’m looking for a couple mounts, I think I’ll check those out.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've found that I like even taller when shooting with night vision. The UNITY 2.26" mount is great. I would like to try the ADM and KAC 2.33 mounts.

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 26, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post