SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New precision rifle setup...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New precision rifle setup... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rln_21:
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
With bolt in action, cock the bolt. Lift the bolt, measure the distance between the the firing pin assembly protrusion and the shroud, write that down. Close the bolt (don't pull trigger) measure that distance again. Difference is the amount of "cock on close". Perfect it would be the exact same number or zero cock on close.

I must have gotten lucky, it’s only cocking .003-.004” on close.

That is lucky! Geometry of triggers are all different, relative to the pins/sear...

6CM around me are mostly loading Berger 105 Hybrid's/115 DTAC's or 110 SMKS's with H4350. DTAC's shot very well in my 6MM's, but the BC varied from lot-lot. 105 Hybrids are very consistent. 6CM competitive barrel life I see. 3150ish/105 1000-1200rds, 3000ish 1500-1700rds.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post