SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Question on mounting red dot magnifier behind sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on mounting red dot magnifier behind sight Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted
I know that for the most part you want to stack your magnifier and red dot as close as possible, but is there anything intrinsically wrong if you leave a small gap?

I ask in relation to this setup.

The magnifier shown will be shared between two rifles. The other is mounted much closer, but because I want to preserve the down flip cap on this sight I tried sighting through it as pictured and I don’t see any issues. It still magnifies it fine, and I don’t get any shadowing around the outer edge. Besides the fact that it leaves a space for something to get between the magnifier and red dot, will it cause any problems?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
I see no problem. I've had mine mounted both ways and had no issues with sighting or distortion.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post