SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Springfield Saint- Tell Me About It
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield Saint- Tell Me About It Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
So, I have long had my suspicions of how deep the relationship between BCM and Springfield.

Has anyone had a lot of time on one to prove/disprove that’s it’s as good of quality as it’s BCM brother?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
made in illinois
http://www.geneseo.org/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not impressed. Overhyped. Nothing new except stupid name. Rob Leatham likes it though. I do have other Springfield products. Their 19ll Range officer shoots fine.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
More importantly, does your butt look fabulous in the included pair of complimentary Springfield Saint yoga pants?

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Not impressed. Overhyped. Nothing new except stupid name. Rob Leatham likes it though. I do have other Springfield products. Their 19ll Range officer shoots fine.

Rob Leatham likes it because Springfield pays him to like it.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep he sure does. I was making a snide remark about the guy.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
I don’t know about any connection with BCM, but I fired my Saint pistol for the first time in a match today and it was flawless. Fit and finish is top notch too. While I agree there is nothing new or outright innovative with it, it’s a we’ll executed AR pistol. You can do better and you can do worse. I like mine.

SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1640 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Did you get compliments on your Yoga pants?

posted Hide Post
We've got two officers that have the first model that came out. The fit and finish seemed very good. All of the right stuff done as far as staking and materials. One of the guns just would not group. Springfield promptly replaced the entire upper. The service was good, but it would have been better to not need it.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
Ok, what’s the joke with the yoga pants?

SB

Posts: 1640 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sea Bass:
Ok, what’s the joke with the yoga pants?

SB

Springfield rolled out a massive hype campaign preceding the unveiling of the Saint, which consisted of lots of social media glamour shots and slow-motion videos of people (notably numerous young women in yoga pants) running, hiking, working out, and shooting, accompanied by over-the-top ambiguous marketing drivel like "The upcoming release of the Saint will define your legacy", "We created the Saint for those who push boundaries every day", and "The Saint is for people who truly live life to its fullest".

You can still find their marketing bullshit on Youtube, if you're so inclined.

They even had an online reality show called "Night of the Saint", in which a gaggle of 20-something-year-old yoga-pant-clad women competed in athletic and shooting competitions. (Yes, really.)

It was just so hilariously excessive. Especially considering after all the months of hype and millions spent on marketing, the Saint was revealed to simply be a run-of-the-mill AR15, in a market already flooded with AR15s.

The Springfield Saint... It's Got What Plants Crave

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Did you get compliments on your Yoga pants?

No offense whatsoever to the OP or to the rifle itself....

But that is really funny.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
Thanks for explaining, I had no idea.

SB

posted Hide Post
they seem to go through employee's on a regular basis ,
the tiny town newspaper has help wanted ads , 3 or four times a year.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Friend has one. Up until recently it shot well without any issues.

He bought 1000 rounds of Federal and it started to have problems ejecting the brass from the gun.

Right after that he tried Winchester white box and it’s happening there as well,

He originally thought is was the ammunition but it’s progressed through two brands,

Springfield issued a call tag for it and it’s on the way to them will have to see what they come up with.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had mine for at least two years (got it right before Springfield's political blunder) and have fired just under 2k through it. Minehas worked well, mostly shot wolf gold through it but have done some heavier match ammo and some lighter varmint stuff with no issues. I don't know if it's as good as BCM per se, but for the money its pretty good despite the internet's distaste for the company. I've haven't taken it to any classes yet, only hunting, recreational shooting and shooting competitions. Mines still relatively stock minus a CMC trigger and surefire warcomp.

Edit: haven't used photo bucket in awhile but didn't realize it puts it's damn logo all over the photos.

Posts: 220 | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
<snip>
slow-motion videos of people (notably numerous young women in yoga pants) running, hiking, working out, and shooting,

I don't mind looking at them yoga pants ... You could put 2 pairs of them yoga pants on me and I wouldn't look half as good.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no idea if this is a good deal, but PSA has them for $650 with a case, five PMags, and free shipping:

https://palmettostatearmory.co...ontent=12%3a00+Email

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Friend has one. Up until recently it shot well without any issues.

He bought 1000 rounds of Federal and it started to have problems ejecting the brass from the gun.

Right after that he tried Winchester white box and it’s happening there as well,

He originally thought is was the ammunition but it’s progressed through two brands,

Springfield issued a call tag for it and it’s on the way to them will have to see what they come up with.

Ejector spring, most likely. Maybe the extractor spring.

What is the total round count?

Nothing wrong with having a factory rifle serviced by the factory, but I prefer to do such maintenance myself as it takes such little time and I don't have to deal with the hassle of shipping a rifle.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post