SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Springfield Saint- Tell Me About It
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield Saint- Tell Me About It Login/Join 
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
The Saint is just another AR offering with a name intended to somehow make it stand out.

They probably mostly work fine like most of the other AR offerings out there.

There aren't very many factory offerings in the AR platform that interest me. After you build a few, there is always something that you would rather not have on most of the factory offerings.

Usually the trigger, at the very least. Often the stock, handguard, and muzzle device as well.

So I can pay the money for a factory rifle and wind up with a bunch of parts in a box that I don't want and that have little value, or I can build what I want the first time.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Friend has one. Up until recently it shot well without any issues.

He bought 1000 rounds of Federal and it started to have problems ejecting the brass from the gun.

Right after that he tried Winchester white box and it’s happening there as well,

He originally thought is was the ammunition but it’s progressed through two brands,

Springfield issued a call tag for it and it’s on the way to them will have to see what they come up with.

Ejector spring, most likely. Maybe the extractor spring.

What is the total round count?

Nothing wrong with having a factory rifle serviced by the factory, but I prefer to do such maintenance myself as it takes such little time and I don't have to deal with the hassle of shipping a rifle.

Thats what I said, probably extractor related, it's under warranty so off it went, I'd say he's got a thousand to two thousand rounds maybe..

Posts: 23386 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
The Saint is just another AR offering with a name intended to somehow make it stand out.

They probably mostly work fine like most of the other AR offerings out there.

There aren't very many factory offerings in the AR platform that interest me. After you build a few, there is always something that you would rather not have on most of the factory offerings.

Usually the trigger, at the very least. Often the stock, handguard, and muzzle device as well.

So I can pay the money for a factory rifle and wind up with a bunch of parts in a box that I don't want and that have little value, or I can build what I want the first time.

Where's the "Like" button?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
I've had my Saint pistol for about a year now. I replaced the factory brace for the Maxim CQB brace. So far I've shot roughly 2,000 rounds through it with zero issues. 1,000 Lake City M193 and 1,000 Prvi.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So to update an old thread-

About the time I asked about this, we started buying them at work. They worked well enough, and we had no issues.

First of the year, I bought one personally. I’ve rotated optics fairly regularly. I’ve shot it with an Aimpoint T1, Vortex Huey, EoTech EXPS 3, and now it has an Aimpoint PRO on it. I’ve shot a little over 3400 rounds through it.

Man, I’m really impressed with the overall performance for a rifle in that price range. The recoil impulse is super nice, fit and finish is great.

It is my favorite rifle in that price point by a long shot.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My past experience with SA, Inc has permanently soured me on the company and their products (dealing with their piss-poor QC for their M1A rifles).

It's fine others are pleased with them, but especially when it comes to something like an AR15, there are many other brands from which to choose.

Posts: 107492 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post