SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    9mm carbines that take Glock mags?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm carbines that take Glock mags? Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted
Lately, I've been enamored with the idea of a 9mm carbine, and one that takes Glock mags because I've got lots. I just left my LGS, and handled a Kriss Vector gen 2 carbine (10mm), and there was no love. Safety hits my right hand, and absolutely nothing to do with the left hand is comfortable. I also wasn't wild about the balance.

I know KelTec makes one that takes Glock mags, what's the impression on these? Role would be range toy/ plinker for myself and something cheap and light-recoiling to help get my wife into shooting.

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You will definitely want to check out the Glock magazine model of the 9mm Kel-Tec Sub2000 carbine.

I have the Beretta version and my Dad has the Glock version and we both really like them. Neat little rifles and the recoil is soft, no more than a .223/5.56 I'd say, maybe lighter even.

They are VERY hard to find in gun shops and sell quickly, but you can usually do OK on GunBroker, be prepared to spend around $450 for the Glock version.

I have the OD green version like this one, my Dad has the black one:

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
According to Mrholster (youtube) the sub2000 is the highest selling semiauto rifle in 'Merica in 2017.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Palmetto state is making one.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the Kriss vector in 9mm takes Glock mags,

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Build (or buy) an AR that uses a Glock pattern lower receiver would be my recommendation. You can customized it to your heart's (and mind's) desire. Like the rifle-calibered ARs you can even set it up with a folding stock to cut the size of the gun down when stowed or carried around. Okay, so it won't be quite as tidy and compact as the SUB2000 and those buffer tube folding mechanisms can be spendy, but I like and would take a minimalist Mission First stock against my shoulder any day over that pukey, cheesy 3-position flange that Kel-Tec puts on their 2nd gen 2000s. And given the plethora of the accessories and such in the AR world, you could easily end up with the 9mm carbine of your dreams.

Well...as long as your bank account balance holds up... Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
You may want to investigate Just Right Carbine.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
Here's what you need. Smile

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's others out there now, at the time I built mine I went with a Quarter Circle 10 lower.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's telling to me that Kel-Tec is on to something when everyone else is rushing to copy them by some of these posts.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It's telling to me that Kel-Tec is on to something when everyone else is rushing to copy them by some of these posts.

I don't know of anyone that's copied the Kel-Tec Sub-2000. The other rifles mentioned are 9mm AR15s (and simplified versions like the JRC) and the Kriss Vector, none of which are copies of the Sub-2000.

Kel-Tec Sub-2000:

Glock 9mm AR15 (there are a bunch of these from a whole slew of different manufacturers):

Just Right Carbine:

Kriss Vector:

They only thing these others share with the Sub-2000 that they're all 9mm blowback rifles, and that they all use Glock magazines. But blowback pistol caliber carbines that take popular handgun magazines are nothing new either. They've been around for decades. Recall the Marlin Camp Carbines that used S&W 59XX/69XX magazines in 9mm and 1911 magazines in .45. Or the Ruger Police Carbine that used Ruger P-series magazines. Or the Beretta Storm that used either Beretta 92-series or Beretta Cougar magazines. It's just that Glock magazines have become the most common these days, so that's what manufacturers have started designing their pistol caliber carbines around.

Marlin Camp 9:

Ruger PC9:

Beretta CX4 Storm:

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Not a Glock mag, but the CZ Scorpion mags are about $20 and it is a FUN gun to shoot and doll-up.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Mine's an Angstadt Arms. I bought the upper, lower and BCG and built my own.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
If you can find one. They are less pricey than a few years ago. There are certainly more options than a few years ago. The gen 2 took care of a few issues compared to the stock gen 1. Mine is just shy of 5 lbs. I pretty much just had to have an example of Kelgren's ingenuity.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
If you can find one. They are less pricey than a few years ago. There are certainly more options than a few years ago. The gen 2 took care of a few issues compared to the stock gen 1. Mine is just shy of 5 lbs. I pretty much just had to have an example of Kelgren's ingenuity.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
Palmetto State Armory had Glock-mag Keltec Sub 2000 rifles for $399 just a couple days ago.

I have the same rifle and love the little thing. I've been using it in the USPSA matches at my gun club, have an Aimpoint Pro on top. Works great!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TooTech,

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies, guys. Looks like I'm looking for a Sub 2000.

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Some more things to think about:

Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Gen2: (keltecweapons.com; 800-515-9983)
Angstadt Arms UDP-9 SBR: (angstadtarms.com; 980-222-4342)
Beretta Cx4 Storm: (beretta.com)
JP Enterprises GMR-13: (jprifles.com; 651-426-9196)
Just Right Carbines: (justrightcarbines.com; 585-396-1551)
Thureon Defense GA Carbine: (mycarbine.com; 920-898-5859)
TNW Firearms Aero Survival Rifle: (tnwfirearms.com; 503-429-5001)

I'd give serious consideration to the TNW Firearms Aero Product. They come in most major calibers, use Glock mags, and are caliber convertible.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
I spent wayyyyyyyy to much but this:

https://www.bte-usa.com/sub9-carbine

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post