SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger mini-14 how accurate
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger mini-14 how accurate Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Decided against the mini and bought a mid to higher end AR instead.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's most likely the more practical choice.

But Minis sure are fun to shoot...

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
With old man Ruger and the AWB gone and proper magazines available for it, the last real objection has been removed. I might have gone for one myself if it weren't $200 more than their own AR (which I did buy). I had a synthetic/stainless one in the early 2000s. It was 100% reliable with factory magazines (but all you could get, at least that worked, were five-rounders) and brass ammo.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an early Mini 82 I think. It is pretty accurate.
As Artie says, they do get hot quick. I love to shoot mine, but it does not get used much. I have so many guns I love to shoot and so little time and ammo to shoot.

I am not sorry I got mine. I got it used and for a good price, from a gun store that sells stuff at a premium price too. They did screw me out of the hard case which they said would come with it. But still good price. Wifes' B'day present one year to me.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post