SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What's out there for semi-auto SBSs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's out there for semi-auto SBSs? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
I've got a Benelli M4, but I'm mildly intrigued by the idea of an SBS, preferably a semi-auto.

What are my options for a non-NFA semi-auto 12 ga (or even 20 ga) that I can easily convert on a Form 1, since the turn around on that is probably quicker than a Form 4?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remington recommended a barrel no shorter than 20" for their 1100's and 1187's. The gas semi auto's need some barrel length to cycle reliably. Not sure about the other type of semi auto shotguns like the Benelli's and Beretta's.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’d be real tempted in that situation to pick up a Vepr12 and have evlutionz LLC do his thing to it. He has you boob channel where he tests every one. The vepr12 will be extinct soon but there are still some left.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I think that this is exactly what you are looking for. https://www.remington.com/other-products/v3-tac-13

I have a SBR and a 590 pump action SBS (from a 590 shockwave) in the works but as soon as I can grab one of these I am going to make it a SBS as well.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll vouch for Anthony at evlutionz. I have a Saiga12 he built. He does awesome work, but if you go this route be ready to make an investment.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
An inertia gun would be easier to chop than a gas gun. In fact making it lighter would enhance reliability, rather than being a detriment as it would be with a gas operated shotgun.

So a Benelli M1 or M2 would be an easy chop.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I’d be real tempted in that situation to pick up a Vepr12 and have evlutionz LLC do his thing to it. He has you boob channel where he tests every one. The vepr12 will be extinct soon but there are still some left.

Classic firearms has wood stock vepr-12 for 850ish.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
I’ll vouch for Anthony at evlutionz. I have a Saiga12 he built. He does awesome work, but if you go this route be ready to make an investment.

Mind if I ask how much it runs to send a vepr to him?

Have any pics?

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I've got a Benelli M4, but I'm mildly intrigued by the idea of an SBS, preferably a semi-auto.

What are my options for a non-NFA semi-auto 12 ga (or even 20 ga) that I can easily convert on a Form 1, since the turn around on that is probably quicker than a Form 4?
Benelli makes.14" barrels for the M4.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=...YRI&feature=youtu.be

I’ll post pics in a few days, but here Anthony is testing my S12.

I think I paid around $2500, but that was for the top end of his builds.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Could always stamp your M4 you have. The cost of the barrel will be less than buying any other semi on the market. Just need a new mag tube and 922r parts (super simple on the benellis).

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I've already got 922r parts for my M4, one of which is a one piece Ti tube. Not sure if I want to swap it out again just to get the tube shorter than the barrel again. Seems like more headache than starting from a "add a stock" or "swap/cut a barrel".

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post