SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Building an AR- A stripped lower question.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Building an AR- A stripped lower question. Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I think I have built 5 Andersons now.
Also built on a Rock River I could tell no difference.
I have a New Frontier Armory large frame Glock pattern lower waiting for me to get some time and a Meridian Ordinance 9mm Colt pattern lower waiting as well.

As for LPKs Colt are my favorite but have only come across one of those kits. I like Spikes without the fire control group and use the ALG triggers.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Thanks again, fellas!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
over the years I have built,

Sendra (known finish issues, and some uppers were tight due to tolerances out of spec on the top deck of the lower)

<SNIP>

if Parabellum wanted to do a SIG Forum lower, all he would need to do is contract one of the makers to do whatever minimum run they need for the roll mark and features,

My first AR was a Colt Match Target ... it was post-ban had a bit of wobble between the upper and lower which always bugged me, almost as much as not having a flash hider Roll Eyes

My first few builds were on Sendra receivers with M&A parts kits ... back then there weren't ANY assembled uppers, you tapped in every roll pin, spring and detente in the rear sight, about the only thing that was done is the pinned front sight was installed ... few if any options for AR's ... flat tops weren't very popular, and if you wanted a gas block without a front sight on it, you cut the front sight off! There were no trigger options, no two stage, national match or anything. Free Float hand guards were plain aluminum tubes with some knurling ... those were the days!

I had a very early DPMS lower that I'd swear was sand cast gawd they had the worst finish of anything I'd see at that point or sense ... Kind of wish I'd kept it as an example of what you don't want!

BOHICA was a favorite although the finish may have been spray paint ... its pretty shitty, but they were all just barely pre-ban and for those that don't know its an acronym that stands for
"Bend
Over
Here
It
Comes
Again"
It was produced in honor(or Horror) of Bill Clinton starting his push of the Assault Weapons Ban. If memory serves they were only sold as stripped receivers but a lot of them were built into complete weapons ... and I've still got a 10.5" pistol and a 20" with the triangle hand-guard and early stock with no storage compartment.

I've also used Bushmaster(one of my favorite logo's but hated the purplish finish), EA not to be confused with Eagle Arms which I've used as well ... PWA, Olympic which was extremely tight, I had to set it on the edge of the table and put pressure on the upper to get the rear pin through the upper ... same to get it out!

Like lyman there are probably others I've forgotten ...

I've got a small collection of lowers with unusual logo or and one or two were made in Kansas.

IF Parabellum were to do a SIGForum lower, I would buy one in an instant!
(might even be a good money maker for the forum)

M&A,, lordy that brings back some memories,

like Nesard (another version Drasen's name) and Quality (tho often not) parts too,

once we started getting stuff from SGW, we stopped getting it from them, for the most part, but sometimes you bought it when you could find it,

good times

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I found my next receiver, PSA's MAGA … not sure if/when I'll build it, I just wanna have one, and it was only $49!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post