SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR triggers - CMC 2 stage or Geissele SSA/SSA-E ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR triggers - CMC 2 stage or Geissele SSA/SSA-E ? Login/Join 
Picture of fz4vgq
posted
I currently have a single stage CMC 3.5 pound flat trigger and really don't like it. I'm going to a 2-stage curved trigger. I've felt the CMC 2 stage 2lb/2lb and really liked it but I'd like to hear from anyone thst has used both how it compares to the Geissele 2 stage triggers like the SSA & SSA-E. Is the 2nd stage break cleaner on the Geissele ? Better reset ?
Thanks,
Fz

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Larue is having their "divorce sale" right now.

MBT for $99. Pretty solid deal to consider. Might not be an equal to the SSA-E, but inching toward the SSA (especially at its price point)

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The SSA and SSA-E triggers in my safe are my least used triggers. I prefer the $99 MBT and $60 polished BCM trigger.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I have an SSA and a Larue MBT.

I like the Larue better and it is less money.

I have a CMC single stage and it is pretty good too.

Out of all those three I would pick the Larue.

My favorite trigger is a JP single stage but it is more than twice as much money as the Larue.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys ! Just ordered one for $99

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fz4vgq:
Thank you guys ! Just ordered one for $99

Dropped the MBT into my DD M4V11 weeks back - luv it.
All indications from reviews is its somewhere in between the SSA and SSA-E , I'm quite happy with it.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I still prefer my SSA-E triggers but the MBT is damn good, especially in light of the savings.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Not that it matters now, but I've used RRA 2-stage triggers for years and have their 2-stage Match trigger in almost everything, they're normally $120. I've found them on sale often for $99, and last year they had a half price sale on the and I bought triggers for guns I didn't have yet!

My most recent "build", a 6.5 Creedmoor, I pulled it all the stops, Spikes 308 Jack upper & lower, JP Enterprise match barrel, 17"composite handguard, JP low mass chrome bolt & carrier with the captured recoil spring, Magpul furniture and a Geissele SD-E (2 stage / 3.5lb total pull) with the flat trigger bow ... although I like it I think I'd have been just as happy with a RRA 2-stage varmint trigger, its also 3.5lb; not offered with a flat bow but 1/2 the price ...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
Got it yesterday. Feels great. Can anyone explain why they send the plastic faux lower with it ?

https://flic.kr/p/E1ctcY

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Test your trigger or other trigger groups.

quote:
Originally posted by fz4vgq:
Got it yesterday. Feels great. Can anyone explain why they send the plastic faux lower with it ?

https://flic.kr/p/E1ctcY

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post