SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Holy AR building Batman
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy AR building Batman Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
There is a certain amount of self satisfaction gained from assembling AR platform rifle, and having the right tools and tactics (such as taping the lower when assembling the bolt catch to avoid the inevitable ding) is a big part of it.

Having the right tools is paramount.

With the roll pin starters no need for tape.

It’s not so much for the punch as it is for the armorers hammer on a sloppy hit...trust me, it can happen and a soft brass hammer head leaving a smudge is just as visible as a ding in anodizing Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
10.5" barrel with BCG and CH came in today. It was ordered on the 3rd. I guess that's not too bad for PSA. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I was thinking they had a notice on their website about a 10 day or 2-week shipping timeframe ... Or is that just for assembled uppers/firearms?

Edit to add, I'm too lazy to go look for myself ... and kind of afraid that I'll buy something too!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Order from PSA had 3 items. All 3 were shipped in separate boxes with separate labels.

Who does their shipping? LOL. I'm pretty sure it cost more than the $12 they charged me for shipping.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Like anything else, all the knowlege in the world isnt going to help you if you dont have the right tools.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post