SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who runs a pdw stock?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who runs a pdw stock? Login/Join 
posted
Ok, who is running a pdw stock on their builds?
What is your opinion?
Likes? Dislikes?
Thanks

Posts: 613 | Location: West By God VA | Registered: July 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I'm interested as well, I have trouble stomaching the price though.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Dislikes: be careful what your buying, as the sub $300 models are not true PDW stocks. The older designs don't have a cheek weld, which is annoying ! And what's been said, price tag !!

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
I don't, but a friend of mine runs two of the Mawim PDW stocks with the JP captured springs. They work well, it seems, and he likes them.
I went the other route, and used the Law Gen3 folder on my 7.5, and I actually prefer the Law to the Maxin type stocks, as you can fold down to 18 inches, with a 7.5 barrel.
The Maxim collapses to about 26 inches, with the 7.5 barrel.

Edit, they function fine, but he's using some pretty high end parts. I wouldn't want to use one on a budget build with cheap parts, as the function may not be guaranteed.... But then, what is a guarantee lol.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've never tried "running" a stock on a rifle. I've used a great many, however.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Alternative is the LWRC Ultra Compact stock.

A buttstock sized to a pistol length buffer tube. Uses a flatwire spring and a proprietary buffer. I have one on my SBR, normal stockweld. I am 6'2", maxed out the stock fits fine collapsed the stock is 1 1\2" shorter than a carbine length buffer tube collapsed.

MSRP $131

Link

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't have one but handled one at aim surplus. The rifle was heavy and the center of balance was off. I didn't like it

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the MVB ARC collapsible stock on a pdw AR with 8" bbl.

I haven't fired it yet so I can't comment on the usability. : /

It is very compact and well built, but it is a PITA to break down and pull out the bolt if needed.

I don't think I would put this on a weapon that was going to be used for anything more than bugout or truck gun.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gutpile Charlie:
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've never tried "running" a stock on a rifle. I've used a great many, however.

gosh your joke is even more funny in this thread than it was in my thread a few months back.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
mine

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sexy

Posts: 613 | Location: West By God VA | Registered: July 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I prefer the LAW Tactical folder/adapter. Use any butt stock you like.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
I've used the LWRC PDW, the Troy PDW and and a Maxim Defense CQB. All functioned fine, although I swapped for a heavybuffers.com buffer immediately on the LWRC. The Troy had way too much play in it for me when extended, so I sold it and switched to the Maxim Defense. The Maxim has better cheek weld, solid lock up (compared to the Troy), can be extended with one hand, and I like the JP captured buffers when shooting suppressed. Plus, the Maxim breaks down like a normal rifle. The Troy uses a bolt/buffer combo and you have to push both pins and slide the upper forward to remove it. I use the Maxim on an SBRed lower with both 9mm and .300 BLK (and have both JP captured buffers) - no reliability issues shooting suppressed or unsuppressed. However, the Maxim stocks with JP buffers are ridiculously expensive. The LWRC has a much better feel than the Maxim and is less expensive, but is larger overall. If you need a short stock and are on a budget I'd go LWRC.

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post