SIGforum
Who runs a pdw stock?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6190021724

July 11, 2017, 09:37 AM
blusmoke
Who runs a pdw stock?
Ok, who is running a pdw stock on their builds?
What is your opinion?
Likes? Dislikes?
Thanks
July 11, 2017, 10:45 AM
cmr076
I'm interested as well, I have trouble stomaching the price though.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R
July 11, 2017, 11:46 AM
CandyMan.45
Dislikes: be careful what your buying, as the sub $300 models are not true PDW stocks. The older designs don't have a cheek weld, which is annoying ! And what's been said, price tag !!
July 11, 2017, 01:47 PM
Longbow_06
I don't, but a friend of mine runs two of the Mawim PDW stocks with the JP captured springs. They work well, it seems, and he likes them.
I went the other route, and used the Law Gen3 folder on my 7.5, and I actually prefer the Law to the Maxin type stocks, as you can fold down to 18 inches, with a 7.5 barrel.
The Maxim collapses to about 26 inches, with the 7.5 barrel.

Edit, they function fine, but he's using some pretty high end parts. I wouldn't want to use one on a budget build with cheap parts, as the function may not be guaranteed.... But then, what is a guarantee lol.
July 11, 2017, 06:49 PM
Gutpile Charlie
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've never tried "running" a stock on a rifle. I've used a great many, however.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

July 11, 2017, 10:46 PM
guardianangel762
Alternative is the LWRC Ultra Compact stock.

A buttstock sized to a pistol length buffer tube. Uses a flatwire spring and a proprietary buffer. I have one on my SBR, normal stockweld. I am 6'2", maxed out the stock fits fine collapsed the stock is 1 1\2" shorter than a carbine length buffer tube collapsed.

MSRP $131

Link

July 12, 2017, 05:13 AM
limblessbiff
Don't have one but handled one at aim surplus. The rifle was heavy and the center of balance was off. I didn't like it
July 12, 2017, 12:55 PM
xmod
I have the MVB ARC collapsible stock on a pdw AR with 8" bbl.

I haven't fired it yet so I can't comment on the usability. : /

It is very compact and well built, but it is a PITA to break down and pull out the bolt if needed.

I don't think I would put this on a weapon that was going to be used for anything more than bugout or truck gun.
July 12, 2017, 03:45 PM
newmexican
quote:
Originally posted by Gutpile Charlie:
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've never tried "running" a stock on a rifle. I've used a great many, however.

gosh your joke is even more funny in this thread than it was in my thread a few months back.
July 12, 2017, 04:05 PM
PGT
mine
July 12, 2017, 04:37 PM
blusmoke
Sexy
July 13, 2017, 12:22 PM
Z06
I prefer the LAW Tactical folder/adapter. Use any butt stock you like.

July 13, 2017, 05:48 PM
M4Super90
I've used the LWRC PDW, the Troy PDW and and a Maxim Defense CQB. All functioned fine, although I swapped for a heavybuffers.com buffer immediately on the LWRC. The Troy had way too much play in it for me when extended, so I sold it and switched to the Maxim Defense. The Maxim has better cheek weld, solid lock up (compared to the Troy), can be extended with one hand, and I like the JP captured buffers when shooting suppressed. Plus, the Maxim breaks down like a normal rifle. The Troy uses a bolt/buffer combo and you have to push both pins and slide the upper forward to remove it. I use the Maxim on an SBRed lower with both 9mm and .300 BLK (and have both JP captured buffers) - no reliability issues shooting suppressed or unsuppressed. However, the Maxim stocks with JP buffers are ridiculously expensive. The LWRC has a much better feel than the Maxim and is less expensive, but is larger overall. If you need a short stock and are on a budget I'd go LWRC.

115 + 115 = 230
July 14, 2017, 10:37 AM
gw3971