SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Krico 650S from 1986...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krico 650S from 1986... Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
there's no way I can get anywhere near competing with all the wondrous stuff I see here, especially by way of the many semi-auto centre-fires which we here in UK have not been able to own since 1987.

I'm not one for most modern stuff, but I DO enjoy shooting my older rifles that are made of wood and steel. This is one of them - a 1986-built Krico 650S in .308Win. I bought it in 2002 with its shooting log with just 800 recorded shots. I've now taken that past 8000, and it still groups handloads into 1/2 MOA all day long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-eVsD9Vz64

The only thing I've done to it to to fit a rail with Warne QR mounts. In fact, All of my rings and mounts are Warne products. Scope from Nightforce.

No voice-over - just a little video.

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle Tac; love that bolt handle.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool. You need a larger bolt knob, however. Wink

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:

Is that a eight ball?

J/k, nice rifle!

Posts: 444 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
LOLz

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle, tac. I love the stock, that wood grain really completes the package.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Nice rifle, tac. I love the stock, that wood grain really completes the package.

The bolt knob came with the rest of the rifle attached.

There is a 1kg lead insert in the buttstock - THAT is not standard, but the match-grade trigger and spiffy flash hider were. I supplemented my couple of 3-round mags with a couple of 5-rounders, obtained from a friend in Canada for $50. That sure beat the heck out of the factory MRSP of eu175, eh?

Each Eek

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post