SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger 10/22 question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 10/22 question Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted

So, I had to trip to the valley today, and a 10/22 takedown at Walmart was calling my name. It came with one 10 round mag. What does the hive recommend for aftermarket (or Ruger) mags? It came with a 20% off coupon for Ruger stuff. I see all sorts of stuff out there, including double drum mags. The Ruger BX-25 looks good. What works well?

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger BX-25. Forget any other options.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger brand mags.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

We have a quick consensus! I will be ordering the BX-25 tomorrow. Any place better than Ruger with a 20% coupon?

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
You may, also, consider the Ruger drop-in trigger upgrade with your coupon.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
+1 for the BX-25.

No other place better than Ruger + 20% coupon at the present ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
I have a few of the double Kross bodies that allow you to take apart two 10rd mags abd convert to have a 10+10 Rd mag. Just flip. I like the very low profile and NOTHING is more reliable than the Ruger rotary mag.

Hard to shoot from tripodor bench with the BX-25

https://www.tandemkross.com/Do...Magazines_p_226.html

This is the best buffer pin replacement.
http://www.tufferbuffer.com/

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Ruger BX-25. Forget any other options.

THIS^^^^

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I thought about getting one of these for my 10/22.

I mostly shoot off a bench with it.

TriMag

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8846 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
+1 for the BX-25.

No other place better than Ruger + 20% coupon at the present ...

I found a two pack at Brownells for $40, which is a little bit less than Ruger's price -20%. Plus, no AZ tax collected by Brownells.

posted Hide Post
I prefer the Ruger branded 10 round rotary magazines. If you shop around you can usually find deals on two or three packs. I'll echo the comments about sticking with Ruger branded magazines for the 10/22.

Posts: 220 | Location: ATL | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Get Ruger brand mags.

I have an aftermarket 25 rounder that is worthless. I should have sold it during the Clinton ban - I could have gotten $75 or $100 for it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I've got two of the butler creek 25 round metal lip mags and have never had a problem with them

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Ruger BX mags....

NOw when you are thinking about a better trigger...Volquartzen is the way to go

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post