SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Paging Rolan Kraps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging Rolan Kraps Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
Hey Rolan I have a Question for you. Since you are a very well-versed with the cowboy action shooting and lever guns perhaps you’ll know. I have a 1954 Winchester 1894 in 30-30 and it shoots great but lately it seems like the action be it “the lever” is falling down relatively easily and I have a hard time keeping it up against the gun. I’m not sure if it’s a detent as everything seems fine to me but perhaps something is not catching and it’s too loose. First question is does this sound like anything you have encountered before? And second question is who would you recommend I send it to work on it? I called Winchester with no luck as they don’t service pre 64s. I have actually had a difficult time locating a gunsmith here in central Illinois to take it to locally. I would not mind shipping it to somewhere if I knew they were competent and would fix the issue. Thank you in advance for any information you may have!

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
The Model 94 was an improvement on the model 92. The 92 had two locking blocks for the bolt. The 94 had a solid locking block that went all the way from side to side. This made the action strong enough for the new fangled smokeless round, the .30-30.

Yes, there should be a ball detent that can keep it closed. I will send you the information for a gun smith who can fix it for you.

Edited: No email address in your profile. Email me and I'll respond with his contact info.

Rolan

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Email sent Smile

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post