SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    sig Cross issue
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sig Cross issue Login/Join 
Picture of Sig-nature
posted
oops!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM0eq_FfDNs

It is only through labor and prayerful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things in life… Speak softly but carry a big stick.."
- Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 586 | Location: Pa. | Registered: April 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig-nature:
oops!

Maybe something other than "oops"....
I won't wade through 45 minutes of youtube without knowing the basics of what's up.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
The post a cliff notes. Nutnfancy loves to make a 5 minute video turn into an hour of fluff and useless banter. I refuse to watch his crap

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Curiosity got to me:
I did not watch the entire thing, but starting about 25 minutes during their second range session, the trigger started malfunctioning. First were failures to fire, then it would sometimes fire when the trigger was released after being pulled hard due to failure to fire. I agree with his comment that that is an instant, total recall issue.

As an aside, I’m slightly amazed that anyone would give any credence to his accuracy (precision) testing based on the methods and rests used. He constantly makes excuses for the poor methods, but doesn’t do anything about it. Is he afraid of what will be demonstrated about him or the guns if he can’t blame those factors?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I can't believe that people go to 'sources of information' like his youtube channel.

There is solid information out there from outlets like Precision Rifle Blog.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Surely nobody is silly enough to purchase the first generation of a SIGusa product.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Surely nobody is silly enough to purchase the first generation of a SIGusa product.

This 100%. Exeter just loves to beta test their products on unsuspecting end users.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I haven't watched the video it has apparently triggered a total recall from Sig with a request that all rifles be returned. If Nutnfancy ever decides to do an edit that deletes all of his needless and monotonous chatter then I might actually watch pertinent parts of his video. However as much as that man loves the sound of his own voice I don't expect that an edited version will ever appear.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG calls it a delayed fire problem, and it's serious enough for them to issue a warning to owners to NOT SHOOT your Cross. There is a serial number checker on SIG's webpage for the Cross recall but for all anyone knows that could be more about getting the return authorization started rather than actually checking to see if a gun falls within specific known batches of potentially defective rifles.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at one on Saturday in .308 and my friend who owns the GS was a little pissed that it already has a recall.
It's a nice rifle and I'd have bought it except I couldn't , kind of pissed me off too !

Posts: 363 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Curiosity got to me:
I did not watch the entire thing, but starting about 25 minutes during their second range session, the trigger started malfunctioning. First were failures to fire, then it would sometimes fire when the trigger was released after being pulled hard due to failure to fire. I agree with his comment that that is an instant, total recall issue.

As an aside, I’m slightly amazed that anyone would give any credence to his accuracy (precision) testing based on the methods and rests used. He constantly makes excuses for the poor methods, but doesn’t do anything about it. Is he afraid of what will be demonstrated about him or the guns if he can’t blame those factors?

He lost my respect at three shot groups and constant "jibber jabber" like "operational". Glad he's enjoying himself, just not for me.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
Well now we know that this wasn't just an isolated incident or "curse of the desert". Sig is recalling all the Cross rifles. I filled out my registration online and was told that I would get shipping information, etc. by "end of month", which means late December. Then who knows how long its going to be before I get my rifle back. Don't know about you guys but I'm done with Sig. This happens all too often with their new products. The cross will be my LAST Sig purchase.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
This 100%. Exeter just loves to beta test their products on unsuspecting end users.

They moved from Exeter years ago.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poppy6x:
Don't know about you guys but I'm done with Sig. This happens all too often with their new products. The cross will be my LAST Sig purchase.

I thought the Cross rifle looked interesting when I saw the ads. It's not my type of rifle, as I definitely prefer traditional stocks -- such as Manners & McMillan. But I realize there are people who like the modular-type buttstocks. I know a bunch of competitors who won't go any other way.

I am not an early adopter. Doesn't matter the type of product, I don't want to be the Beta tester. When I saw that Sigforum members had purchased Cross rifles, I silently gave odds that issues might crop up. When I saw your earlier posts about the Cross rifle -- mixing up bolt action and AR10 -- I suspected a problem.

Hopefully Sig will make things right with your Cross. Going forward, I recommend doing a little more homework prior to purchasing equipment. And not diving into new products until quite a few consumers have the time to shake things out.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:
He lost my respect at three shot groups and constant "jibber jabber" like "operational". Glad he's enjoying himself, just not for me.

Say what you will about his videos, god knows I can’t sit through one. But he does test products beyond three magazines in his backyard, and isn’t a shill. That’s enough to earn my respect.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Cross feels like a neat rifle; it certainly drew considerable attention from customers while it was in our rifle rack. But SIG Sauer hasn't exactly had the best luck with bolt guns in recent years. Weird considering their past history with the type both in Switzerland and Germany. They probably could stand to bring in some guidance from the Old World into Newington.

Yeah, Cohen's pledge to "do better" with new guns hasn't exactly rung true over the years. They did get the U.S. version of the P210 pegged properly, but virtually every other recent new design has had its share of initial quality problems. Testing (either too little, poorly executed or a some of both) still seems to be a real issue with these guys.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ksss
posted Hide Post
To those that own a Cross rifle, how do they group? Are they sub MOA rifles?

Posts: 390 | Location: idaho | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I never even got mine to the range. 6.5 and was waiting on the glass to arrive. I've started the recall. I'm different than most I suppose. Throughout my career, I've seen all the "favored" product fail at some point. I'm a Surefire whore but I had one of the first x200s made to T&E for them - on the range for a training day, the LED shattered during a course of fire on an early full rail Springfield. Surefire took it back, fixed it and now the X300 is the industry standard. I've watched the holy grail Glocks (model 22 in .40) bust up more than an old school Sig P model and many, many years after that issue was known. I've had the honored Remington 700 sniper rifle launch a round off just in front of my feet while holding it on safe. I really like the Sig Cross from holding it. I'm not surprised the early models released showed an issue. I'm glad nobody got hurt. Bring it in, fix it and press on. The concept still has merit. I guess I don't quit easy.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
How do you fuck up a bolt gun so bad? Maybe they should've consulted with Savage or Ruger first? Big Grin

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ksss
posted Hide Post
I wish they would have updated the SSG 3000 and called it good. Arguably the most accurate sub $1500 rifle made. Keep what makes it so accurate, update the stock, and they would sell them like crazy.

Posts: 390 | Location: idaho | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post