This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6150047234

November 09, 2017, 12:11 PM
Warhorse
Vortex optics and accessories
Another +1 for the SPARC II.

November 09, 2017, 05:32 PM
xl_target
I have an original SPARC and a SPARC II on an AR and a .22 autoloader.
I also have two Venoms; one on a .22 LR pistol and one on a 9mm pistol. I really like the Venom.
Never had a single problem with any of them.
November 09, 2017, 07:48 PM
GarandGuy
I concur with every positive post. I'm a Vortex owner and repeat customer. Have the SPARC and SPARC II, also have a pair of their bino's. All function and perform excellent. SPARC's have been mounted on a Sig 516, Rock River AR-15, Ruger 10/22, and a Arsenal SLR-95. They hold steady and do what they were designed to do.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?
November 11, 2017, 11:31 AM
Sourkraut
Great products IMHO. Have the Strikefire 1-6 on my AR and a Diamondback HD 3-12 on my 17HMR Savage bolt rifle. Nice combos!

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis
November 11, 2017, 11:46 AM
RHINOWSO
Just got back from wringing out my Viper PST Gen 2 1-6x.

Great optic, especially for the price point for those who want more than the Strike Eagle but don't want to pay the 1-6x Razor price tag.
November 11, 2017, 12:36 PM
soggy_spinout
I think that they're good for what they are. I had some negative experiences with their lower end optics (glare with a Diamondback 3-9x40 on a 30-30 rifle, horrendous aberrations and distortion with a StrikeEagle 1-6x24; both scopes sold off with full disclosure); in the future I won't consider buying anything below the Viper level of product. That said, our shop has experienced problems with Razor line optics, primarily with durability (Razor HD 10x42 bino breaking) and built quality right out of the box (5-20x50 FFP and a stuck turret knob), so even with their higher end stuff that warranty of theirs has its definite usefulness.

Generally my Vortex red dots have run well (two Strikefires, Venom reflex, Spitfire AR, Spitfire 1x) and their 3x magnifier works well enough. As well, in the yet-to-be-used category I also have a Razor Gen2 1-6x24 still sitting in its box, waiting for me to figure out just what the hell rifle I want to mount this boat anchor to (it IS a heavy one).
November 11, 2017, 12:55 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Razor Gen2 1-6x24 still sitting in its box, waiting for me to figure out just what the hell rifle I want to mount this boat anchor to (it IS a heavy one).

Hit the gym or I'll giveya $25 for it, plus shipping.

Big Grin
November 11, 2017, 01:15 PM
Batty67
I've got a Vortex SPARC on my m-1 carbine. I had to replace the first one that had a defective on/off switch (easy-peasy). That was like 3-4 years ago. The new one holds zero and zero issues.

I have a Vortex Strike Eagle on my AR. Love the reticle and it is a very good deal for the pricepoint, but it is a tad large and heavy.
November 11, 2017, 05:43 PM
chessiedog1
So, what is their top line? The Razor line? Then viper?

Keep Americans working, buy American made!
November 11, 2017, 06:08 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by chessiedog1:
Yes - Pretty much top to bottom from their website.
November 11, 2017, 07:43 PM
IndianaBoy
quote:
Originally posted by chessiedog1:

Razor AMG line is made in the USA.
November 12, 2017, 10:53 AM
vincent317
I've got four Vortex optics and all have worked well for their intended applications; Sparc II on an AR pistol, PST 2.5-10 on a distance AR, Razor 1-6 on a SCAR17, & Razor 4.5-27 on a GAP10.
November 14, 2017, 06:52 AM
shoevb
I really like my Strikefire II, I have it on a CZ Scorpion carbine and a 1-6 Strike Eagle on my MCX and both have been flawless. I would consider another Vortex optic. I have been trying to find one of the new 1-8 Strike Eagles to look at.
November 14, 2017, 08:05 AM
Leemur
My SPARC arrived yesterday. Seems well made, never heard a bad warranty experience with Vortex. Hopefully I’ll get it mounted and zeroed on the AR9 this week.
November 15, 2017, 07:34 PM
V-Tail
I'm kind of surprised that nobody has mentioned this deal yet: MSRP on the SPARK AR red dot sight is $259.00, it goes for $199.00 on Amazon.

Palmetto State Armory is currently running a special. Bundled deal. The Vortex SPARC AR sight and ten of the 30-round MagPul PMags, for a total of $199.00

Ground shipping for the bundle to my area, just outside the Orando FL city line, is $8.50

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
November 16, 2017, 06:12 AM
92fstech
I have 2 Strikefire IIs that I bought when PSA was running the optic + 10 pmags deal. One is on a 5.56 AR, the other is on a 9mm AR. The one on the 9mm died the other day after only a couple of hundred rounds through the rifle. I contacted Vortex, they responded quickly and sent me a shipping label. It went back yesterday. We'll see what the outcome is, but so far I have been impressed with their support.
November 16, 2017, 05:06 PM
bald1
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Palmetto State Armory is currently running a special. Bundled deal. The Vortex SPARC AR sight and ten of the 30-round MagPul PMags, for a total of $199.00

I jumped on it Monday. The PMAGs are Gen2 FWIW. Gonna be used with my 12131 Noveske N4 Vets Day karma. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
November 17, 2017, 10:21 AM
Tommydogg
I'm hoping to find the Strike Eagle on a Black Friday sale.

Beth Greene
November 17, 2017, 12:19 PM
Il Cattivo
^^^ Primary, Brownell's and Optic Planet were all bundling them with the Burris PEPR mount over the last year. I like the American Defense mount, but the combo looked like a pretty good deal at a couple of points.
November 17, 2017, 10:45 PM
mlazarus
Upper level Vortex are quality optics. On par with Leupold VX6 line. I have several solid scopes and binoculars from various makers. If I can get Vortex for a fair price, that would be my first choice. Try Cameraland for excellent pricing on Vortex.

Ignem Feram