SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    4.5" CMMG bbl length/rail/suppressor question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4.5" CMMG bbl length/rail/suppressor question Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted
So, I might have a small problem but maybe not, I am building a CMMG 4.5" .22 upper. I bought an ALG 10" upper ( meant to order 8"), the bbl will be 4.5", DeadAir Mask is 5.1" and I plan to get the Gemtech QDA 4lug adapter at 1.15", this adds up to 10.75" just a mere 3/4" longer than the rail.
Do you guys think 3/4" will be enough to use the 4 lug adapter easily enough? Or should I just go ahead and order an 8" ALG rail or look for other 8"-9" rails?

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Just wait. If it doesn't work, then order the 8" rail. You know you're going to build something else with the 10". It's just the way it is. Spare AR part = another AR.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Actually this adds up to 9.75"... barrels are measured from the end of the barrel extension to the tip of the barrel.

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
CandyMan is correct, I received the ALG EMR V2 and for the price you can't beat this rail but I am going to need a shorter rail.

Placed another order into ALG for an 8" rail.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post