SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone with personal experience with the IWI Tavor TS12 12ga
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone with personal experience with the IWI Tavor TS12 12ga Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Reliability? Durability?

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s made by IWI, I’m sure the reliability/durability are 2nd to none. This is a company that genuinely doesn’t mess around like some other manufacturers.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
As an aside, I’m not sure it’s made by IWI. I can’t seem to get a clear answer. IWI’s engineers worked with a Turkish company who originally designed it and helped them improve the reliability.

I’ve email IWI to get a clear answer on who actually makes it, but I haven’t been able to get a straight answer.

Until I know who’s actually producing them and it which country, I’m holding off.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
FWIW: I have recently purchased a Tavor X95 in .300 BLK. Nice gun but very heavy and I'm sure a loaded shotgun version would be weigh a ton!!! Personally, I think a conventional 7-8 round semi-auto (like my Beretta 1301 Comp) is more practical choice. In any case, I'd suggest actually hefting one of the Tavors (loaded) before committing to buy. Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Here's a decent review that you may or may not have already read.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...i-tavor-ts12-review/

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I held one at the gun store the other day and it was the absolute definitive example of “unusual” I’ve ever seen and held. The guns tore guy said he liked it and had one on layaway. I Cant speak to longevity though.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Here's a decent review that you may or may not have already read.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...i-tavor-ts12-review/

Good read thanks for posting

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
Hopefully IWI has good spare parts availability for it... Good price for such a monster of a shotgun.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I haven't handled one. But I'd love to show up to the local 5 stand with one. Just to see the look on the old timers faces. Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have one at Greentop here in va. It is a shit ton lighter than i thought it would be.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
While not cheap by any means, surprisingly less than I expected. But dang it's a big ol' honker.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This Tavor style shotgun, AR style models and the detachable box mag shotguns are just too dang big. I think the best part of shotguns is that the magazine tube and traditional stock make them slender and easy to handle.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a TS12 for a few days. Have run maybe 50 rounds through it. Almost all Fiocchi slugs - because I can't find buck - "EXACTA Aero-Slug Low Recoil," 2 3/4" - 7/8 ounce - 1300 FPS. So far this shell has run flawlessly. Not a single misfeed or ejection problem.

I also tried literally two #8s and that did not work at all.

For both shell types I used the Low gas piston setting.

Other than the misfeed with the birdshot, everything worked as intended AFAIK. However, this Fiocchi slug is enough longer than a Fiocchi 00 buck (I measured it but did not fire the buck) that only 4 would fit into a mag tube, not 5.

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update: Put another 50 rounds of slugs through it. Again, flawless operation. And, I could fit five rounds in all three tubes. Maybe the springs loosened up. Or maybe initially I just hadn't tried hard enough.

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post