SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Geissele G2S or LaRue MBT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geissele G2S or LaRue MBT Login/Join 
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted
I want a nice two stage trigger for my “do it all” AR15. I’m not a precission shooter or a professional door kicker, just a shooter. I want something that’s safe as a SHTF / home defense rifle, but still give me some help when I’m shooting groups for the lunch tab. There is also the question of which spring to use if the LaRue gets the nod; heavy or light? Vote and leave any comments you thing are important.

Question:
Bargain Geissele at $99.00 or LaRue MBT for $87.00?

Choices:
LaRue MBT light spring
LaRue MBT heavy spring
Geissele G2S

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
I have two MBT triggers in builds and really like them. That said, if the G2S is anything near as nice as my Super SCAR trigger I'd get it, especially for that price.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If you don't have any nice triggers, either will do.

I've always been into Geissele Triggers, so I stick with Bill and his crew.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to try a G2S on a friends ar. Liked it alot over a stock one. Will order 2 on Monday sale

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
Can't speak the the G2S since I've not tried one. But I do like the LaRue MBT a lot. I've got 5 or 6 and they hard to beat for the price. All of mine have the light spring installed.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally do not care that much for my MBT Trigger. It has the light spring installed and still does not feel as nice as my polished milspec trigger with JP springs. My Geissele trigger in my BCM lower feels nicer than the Larue. Also, do not rule out the RRA 2 stage match triggers. They are really nice for the same amount of money or less.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
PSA has the SSA-E on sale for $156.

I’ve switched most of mine to the MBT since they were $87.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I put MBT light spring in everything. The only thing it lacks is a super quick reset. I’m ok with this.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I installed a MBT on a former coworkers gun. After we shot it I came away impressed with the bang for buck performance.

I have not tried the Geissele G2S but I do have two Super Scars,SSA, SD-C,SD-E in various rifles.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Geissele seems to have activated their G2S sale prematurely, for those waiting for the midnight sale.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vgex,

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the comments, I have made my decision.... I just Purchased the LaRue MBT!

The G2S was tempting at that price, but I think I will have more options given the two springs shipped with the MBT, and I am curious about the wider trigger shoe.

I'll get it installed and post my thoughts.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I own several of the Larue MBT and several of the SSA, which is said to be the same as the G2S.

Honestly, me personally, I have a lot of time on them both, but I STILL prefer a GI trigger for home defense/duty. I install the BCM polished trigger in my "serious" rifles. 5-6 pounds of pull, just perfect for duty/defense.

For my precision style rifles, I would prefer the MBT over the G2S.

If I had to use one of the the two triggers listed for duty/defense, then I would pick the Geissele.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I have several MBT's and couldn't be more pleased.
I even put one in my M&P Sport .22.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
I hope you like the trigger. Very good value. Personal preference, but I don't like the wider shoe of the trigger and gave it to my nephew when I built him a rifle for his graduation present this past May.

I do have a few different Geissele triggers in various AR's, and have been happy with them. I'm afraid to try the SSP, because then I will have to buy a bunch to change out and replace other G triggers... Big Grin

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes you will. Sadly I have experience in this.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a bunch of Geisseles in my guns (mostly SSAs, a coupe of G2S, and one SSA-E) but recently I’ve been picking up MBTs, mostly because of the price. I haven’t replaced any Geissele triggers and feel they are about the same, just the price is more attractive. Main difference I’ve experienced is that the MBT wider trigger shoe makes it more likely you’ll have to remove the safety lever for the install. I rarely have to pull the safety for a Geissele install.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I've got the G2 in my SBR I had a Larue in my work rifle until I changed departments and two stage triggers were a "no."

the G2 is definitely more of a pain in the ass to install as a little springs that hold it in place are kind of rough to keep in place as you install it. The MBT required me to remove the safety to install which was a small pain in the ass, but a different one. The larue has more meat to put your finger on. The G2 has a more shiny finish.

I wish I hadn't paid $160 for my G2.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post