SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Two M1 Garands Showed up today CMP Special Grade
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two M1 Garands Showed up today CMP Special Grade Login/Join 
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
From recent posts on the CMP Forums, looks like turnaround for RM1Service rifles is about a month, give or take. That’s fine by me, as I have a lot of travel scheduled over the next few weeks.

92fstech, I’m glad you have yours working properly and safely.

I’ve got about 800 rounds of ‘62 Lake City ammo to go through and check for corrosion and dents/dings. That should last me quite a while.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I ordered two Winchesters right at a month ago and waiting for them to show up today. They were a little more money, but I wanted something different.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
WRA Garands arrived !!! New CMP Cases are Really Nice.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redlickranch:
WRA Garands arrived !!! New CMP Cases are Really Nice. WRA Special Grades with New Barrel and New CMP stock. $700 Each.

NRA Life Member

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
You guys are gonna hate me for this.

While I was at one of my local LGS' yesterday a guy about my age showed up with an M1 Carbine, complete with two magazines (looked like they were kept in some kind of oil paper?), sling, bayonet and bayonet scabbard, all of which appeared to be in very nice condition.

He was there to get a quote from the LGS for sale or trade-in value. I guess he didn't like what he was told, because he left with it, obviously dissatisfied.

I briefly thought to ask him what he expected for it, but, when I'd previously inquired of the owner what he thought of it while he was examining it, he pointedly asked me to just let him conduct his business. I figured he wouldn't take kindly to me interacting directly with his potential customer--particularly since he'd just finished spending time showing me about a half-dozen handguns, none of which had piqued my interest.

I can't tell y'all more than that, because my hearing is poor, so I couldn't hear what they discussed. I did gather that it appeared the barrel and receiver manufacturers didn't match, but I also know he was having difficulty determining the receiver manufacturer, because the stamping was hidden under the rear sight.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
So why should we hate you for that???

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Cant remember the year but I got a Springfield from the then ODCMP. Wore walnut with a birch hand guard. Rifle was in great condition. Last year that they sold for $165.00. They've gone up a lot sinse then. I knew a High Power shooter whos' daughter recieved a M1D for the same price, M84 scope included. My rifle then took near 10 months to arrive. Later, I purchased a HRA with box and docs which shipped in 1978. Man never shot it. Cost me $650.00. After adding a new Boyds walnut stock and hand guard it was like new. What a fun rifle to shoot.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
So why should we hate you for that???

Cuz, when presented with the opportunity I imagine some here might kill for, I let it get away.

It was meant more-or-less jokingly Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
You guys are gonna hate me for this.

While I was at one of my local LGS' yesterday a guy about my age showed up with an M1 Carbine, complete with two magazines (looked like they were kept in some kind of oil paper?), sling, bayonet and bayonet scabbard, all of which appeared to be in very nice condition.

He was there to get a quote from the LGS for sale or trade-in value. I guess he didn't like what he was told, because he left with it, obviously dissatisfied.

I briefly thought to ask him what he expected for it, but, when I'd previously inquired of the owner what he thought of it while he was examining it, he pointedly asked me to just let him conduct his business. I figured he wouldn't take kindly to me interacting directly with his potential customer--particularly since he'd just finished spending time showing me about a half-dozen handguns, none of which had piqued my interest.

I can't tell y'all more than that, because my hearing is poor, so I couldn't hear what they discussed. I did gather that it appeared the barrel and receiver manufacturers didn't match, but I also know he was having difficulty determining the receiver manufacturer, because the stamping was hidden under the rear sight.
Was in a similar cituation once at a Gun Show. Saw a seller raise above everyones heads a Paratrooper carbine to hand to a Dealer. I very nearly jumped in to ask how much. I did at days end bring home a cherry of a 1903. Any idea yet why we're going to hate you ? Big Grin

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Redlickranch, those are some nice Winchesters! I'd love to buy one of those, too, but the wife says one is enough, and that's hard to argue with. I'm enjoying watching this thread though, and seeing different examples of what the CMP is putting out. It's pretty incredible how nice these guns still looking with a refinish and some new furniture.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post