SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig 516G2 uppers - thoughts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 516G2 uppers - thoughts? Login/Join 
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted
Searched, but couldn't find an answer here. Long story short, I'm looking to build another SBR (start as a pistol w/brace most likely) in 5.56 just as a handy truck/boat gun when I need it. My guy has 10" G2 uppers only in stock for what seems to be the going rate ($850), which seems very reasonable compared to other quality piston uppers available at the moment.

So, how do we like them? I do plan to shoot it suppressed through my Omega on an ASR mount, which will (should, will confirm) clear the gas adjustment.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
A little heavy on overall weight, but shoots beautifully. Piston + Silencer = Match made in heaven!! I've run both a Omega and Saker 7.62 on mine...

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
A little heavy on overall weight, but shoots beautifully. Piston + Silencer = Match made in heaven!! I've run both a Omega and Saker 7.62 on mine...

Thanks! What length barrel is yours? I'm trying to confirm if my Omega will fit on there without interfering with the piston adjustment. Lack of fitment would probably be a deal breaker for me.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post