SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Where are the mosin nagants?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where are the mosin nagants? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
$359.95

Damn. Not that long ago they were $99 at gun shows around here. Frown

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Jeez, the cheapest I used to buy these were the 3fer deals from Century with my C&R, $29.99 a piece, in the wrap.

Good ole days of combloc surplus Smile

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I just got an email from Legion USA offering 91/30s for $299.

http://www.legionusa.com/mosin-nagant-m91-30.html

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
Jeez, the cheapest I used to buy these were the 3fer deals from Century with my C&R, $29.99 a piece, in the wrap.

Good ole days of combloc surplus Smile

Same thing wen Mausers started drying up, in fact I've still got one that was a 5'er $29, the last of the Spanish Mausers and you could buy a case of 1280 rounds of surplus 8x57mm for $39 ... I sold the other 4 which paid for my 1 and the ammo, then I bought Parker Hale bolts (which were turned down) & triggers from SARCO and they were selling in 3'fers, one of the bolts head spaced perfectly so I sold the other 2 triggers and bolts as well as the bolt & trigger from my keeper and I ended up with a really nice shooting free Mauser.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I saw ~4 in the Cabela's Gun Library (Bristol, VA) the other day, but just a cursory glance. They were priced at $3-400.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrutro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
FWIW, I just got an email from Legion USA offering 91/30s for $299.

http://www.legionusa.com/mosin-nagant-m91-30.html

I ordered one of these on Wednesday the 6th and it was at my FFL on Friday the 8th. I can highly recommend this company. They even asked if I had a preference for what year I wanted.

Posts: 894 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: April 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If guys are looking for ammo, I got an email today from Midway about some stock (corrosive primed). Not sure how this compares to other sources though.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...ign=surplus-saturday

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
If guys are looking for ammo, I got an email today from Midway about some stock (corrosive primed). Not sure how this compares to other sources though.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...ign=surplus-saturday
I remember getting a crate of two 440rd spams for $150 4-5 years ago.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^I'm trying to recall the prices 20-25 years ago when I saw rifles dirt cheap. Maybe $50 for that quantity.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
^^^I'm trying to recall the prices 20-25 years ago when I saw rifles dirt cheap. Maybe $50 for that quantity.
Yeah a buddy in ME told me when they first came over in crates and barrels. Pick a rifle for maybe $75, get a crate of 10 for $500, etc, etc. I think he bought 10 rifles, cleaned 5 and has the other still wrapped in cosmo with who knows how many crates of ammo.

Thankfully the Mosin isn't a high rate of fire weapon for many reasons, so I've only shoot maybe 40-50 rounds, usually about 5-10 once or twice a year.

Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Yea,, same thing with the Swiss K31. Dunham Sports had them for 99$. Now around $4-500or more.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Swedish Mausers; bought a beauty of one while in college for $75 (Husqvarna M38). Saw someone with beat-up M96s with barrels shortened to the M38 length for $600 last night on-line. Encountered lean times a bit later, pawned my M38 Frown

posted Hide Post
Back in one of the good periods I was working at a gunshow with a buddy that sold Surplus ammo by the crate. We had a TON of 7.62x54R and a fresh load of cheapie Moisins. I came up with the idea of if you bought a full case of 7.62x54R we would GIVE you a Moisin Nagant to shoot it with, that's how cheap the Nagants were. I think we sold a dozen or more cases of ammo with the free rifle.

A couple years later Moisins were worth more and the ammo had gone way up. We bought back 1/2 a case of that same ammo at the current wholesale price and it was more than we sold him the original case for. He got a free rifle and 600rds of ammo! LOL

The moral is to buy MilSurp guns and ammo when the prices are good. They can be excellent investments that don't lose value if you buy at the right time............

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
They have 2/3 cases of Tula's for 359.00 at Cabela's in Lonetree Colorado..Some look cherry.

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Classic Firearms just got a new shipment of Tulas.

https://www.classicfirearms.co...ula-m91-30-unboxing/

Posts: 1453 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ They look pretty nice, per the video.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
J&G did too, but I'm not sure about condition and they're $10 more expensive.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad I kept my $200 M38 and $175 crate of 880rds of silver tips.