SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Shotgun for HD?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shotgun for HD? Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott in NCal:
Just curious, this retired EMT wonders how much time you have spent in ambulances in communities like North Richmond, El Sobrante and San Pablo ?

How many dead right there buckshot or slug shooting victims go to the hospital? None. Put a blanket over the bloated corpse, wait for homicide to work the case. EMT doesn't even get called to the scene on the OBVIOUS as shit, this guy is dead cases. Also, bird shot is much more prevalent than buckshot, so its reasonable that an EMT would see bird shot injuries 10 to 1 compared to buckshot, on the scenes that they are even called to.

Buckshot WILL reach the vital organs. Bird shot probably wont reach the vital organs. Bird shot is unacceptable for defensive use on humans, unless the risk of over-penetration in your scenario is just too great, that bird shot is your only option.

I'm a huge ballistics guy, having shot gel, pigs, cars, glass, walls, auto steel, TV's, washers, and anything else fun to shoot. I'm a big proponent of #4 buckshot for defensive use in the home. Based on what I have seen, its the most devastating close combat round on unarmored targets there is.
This to a T.

Buckshot and they are a chalk outline before getting bagged.

Birdshot they get an ambulance ride.

This coming from a non-shotgun fan.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stormwalker:
The new Tavor 12 gauge looks interesting. Wink Gas Operated, 15+1 rounds, 8 lbs. OAL 28.35"

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...1/17/iwi-tavor-ts12/

I want one!!

And a Tavor Shotgun too. ;-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post