SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MTM ammo crates back on sale at Amazon...free shipping with Prime...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MTM ammo crates back on sale at Amazon...free shipping with Prime... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
Both the 4 can .30 crate and the 3 can .50 crate...

https://www.amazon.com/MTM-AC4...m%2Caps%2C414&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/MTM-AC3...m%2Caps%2C228&sr=8-2

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Thank you for my first purchase of the day.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I ordered the 4-30 caliber $24.99 with Prime.

Update: I cancelled the 4-30 caliber and ordered the one with 3-50 caliber.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rtquig,

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the head's up, Bisley! This has been sitting in my Wish List since forever and I would have missed it.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i think the plastic is too brittle

see numerous pics of broken plastic. no thanks.

looks good but doesn't pass the rugged test plus too expensive for what you get

-----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
i think the plastic is too brittle

see numerous pics of broken plastic. no thanks.

looks good but doesn't pass the rugged test plus too expensive for what you get

-----------------------------------------

I use these exclusively for my ammo storage and I love them...and I have a lot of them. None have broken.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
seems the sale is over Frown

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10907 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
seems the sale is over Frown

Still works for me... I just ordered two sets. $24.99 for the .30 cal crate, and 26.99 for the .50 cal crate. Those are still the prices listed when I visit Amazon now.

I've run out of room in the repurposed armoire that I use for gun gear storage (parts, mags, holsters, batteries, etc.), so I'll be using these for handgun magazine storage. I already have all my ammo in metal ammo cans, so this fits with the theme. Big Grin

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to use the drop down and click on 30 caliber

Posts: 1195 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig operator:
Have to use the drop down and click on 30 caliber

Oh, I see it now. Thanks. Ordered a set.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10907 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post. I've been waiting for the 3-50 cal ones to go back on sale.

Bought the 30 cal ones from the last sale.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1049 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So what is the unknown size? Seems that's the only one still on sale

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
So what is the unknown size? Seems that's the only one still on sale

I ordered the “unknown” size and received my order today...the three .50 cans and tray.

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Interesting, but still not as good as old .50 cal cans. I'm guessing the tray is for moving empty ones. Its bad enough trying to lift full .50 cal cans up above my waist to stack. The idea of 3 or 4 full ones is crazy. I'd need a crane.

The last step in my reloading system includes a final inspection, then dumping each round loose into an ammo can. When you get one full of 9mm or 44s or even 45-70s, it stops being fun to move. Kind of a hint to stop and go shooting.

You body builders need to pick up 3000 or so rounds of 9mm. Not impossible, but not fun either.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m with RogueJSK on the uses for these ammo boxes...I’ll use these for magazine storage, all my AR build tools and other odds and ends. My ammo is in steel cans...mostly .30 with a few .50 cans. I agree picking up a full can of anything cartridge wise is hard on this old guy Big Grin...

The boxes from the last purchase are being used by my grandson to store LEGOS AKA bare foot destruction devices Eek

Jimmy Buffet

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
I'm guessing the tray is for moving empty ones.

According to the description, the tray is designed to be strapped onto something like a four-wheeler or side-by-side, so you don't have a bunch of loose ammo cans rattling around or having to be individually strapped in place.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I've run out of room in the repurposed armoire that I use for gun gear storage (parts, mags, holsters, batteries, etc.), so I'll be using these for handgun magazine storage. I already have all my ammo in metal ammo cans, so this fits with the theme. Big Grin

I'd suggest one of these if you're not looking for 100% max capacity. I have a few cans with these sorters and it makes magazine storage and sorting easy, especially if you're already the type to mark the basepads. I left out the lid foam, didn't seem necessary unless it was something getting tossed around that might take a tumble, and extended mags fit without it in place. I have one of the AR mag sorters as well, makes it easy to load a few mags and I use tape to mark what loads are in what, less loading at the range.

https://smile.amazon.com/Case-...id=1583166928&sr=8-1

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
I'd suggest one of these if you're not looking for 100% max capacity.

Thanks. Any idea if they offer, or plan to offer, similar foam for the .30 cal MTM cans?

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
I'd suggest one of these if you're not looking for 100% max capacity.

Thanks. Any idea if they offer, or plan to offer, similar foam for the .30 cal MTM cans?

They have a ton of inserts, not all are on Amazon.
https://www.caseclub.com/produ...gun-cases/ammo-cans/

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post