SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    When you assemble a lower, do you...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you assemble a lower, do you... Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
I wish someone would just make a simple staking tool (that produces factory style stakes)so that people can just shut up and do it already.
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
There's this tool from Brownell's but it's $70:

https://www.brownells.com/guns...-tool-prod29337.aspx

There's also the MOAKS II but it's $165 Eek

http://www.m-guns.com/tool_new.php?product=moacks

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, the problem is that its not $10

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
You would have a real hard time staking a castle nut with those carrier key staking tools above.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm idiot...I was looking at BCGs right before I read the post and was still thinking about BCGs & staking -> which transitioned to staking castle nuts -> then back to staking BCGs...full circle Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
You would have a real hard time staking a castle nut with those carrier key staking tools above.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've done three. Stake everyone. As someone has previously said, the parts are cheap, if you screw it up, just use another one.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Yes, all of them. Because: Murphy

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post