SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Muzzle devices on a PCC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Muzzle devices on a PCC Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
I can't imagine there is any need for a compensator on a CZ Scorpion, especially with a 7+" barrel. But I'm kinda wondering if a flash hider might be desirable?

Not gonna lie, that fugly contraption that comes stock offends me, but I don't really want to go nuts with muzzle devices. I still may want a can (Witt Machine Naughty 9) on it.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I still may want DESPERATELY NEED a can (Witt Machine Naughty 9) on it.

FIFY. Wink

I hated the stock setup and forend, eventually made a "K" version with HBI 3-lug barrel. Works great with my Tirant 45.

https://hbindustries.net/store...crok-conversion-kit/

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I am fighting with my barrel nut at the moment. It refuses to budge (but it will.....oh, yes. IT MOST CERTAINLY WILL).

Anyway, when I get it off, I'm swapping the stock handguard for an HBI 6.8" one.

I have a 7.62 can already, and a .22LR in jail. While I wouldn't mind a 9mm one, I really don't feel like another long wait and even the short Naughty 9 will make it too long (I think) for the 'discreet carry bag' I have in mind for it.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me personally I go 3 lug and then use the B&T 3lug FH to extend the length to match the hand guard I actually plan to use until I can get a can for it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Lots of 9mm PCC guys I shoot with run comps just to make the guns louder so they can be reliably picked up by shot timers calibrated for handguns

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I added a forward muzzle blast deflector to remind me to keep my daggum fingers away from the muzzle of my 10" PCC/pistol thing.

Once burned ... .

A flash suppressor or compensator wouldn't have helped, because of the side venting.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post