SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I Am Going To Build A Rat Blaster (Just Call Me MasterBlaster Of The Rat Patrol)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Am Going To Build A Rat Blaster (Just Call Me MasterBlaster Of The Rat Patrol) Login/Join 
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Looked up that ammo to see what it was. If the rifle were suppressed would it cycle the action?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's a bolt action.

However CCI makes subsonic for suppressed rifles that should cycle the action.

I own no automatic .22's though so I can't say.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
Looked up that ammo to see what it was. If the rifle were suppressed would it cycle the action?

Probably not.

Any subsonic 22lr ammo will be pretty darn quiet with a suppressor.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
22 longs will cycle 422 s/w pistol,will not cycle 10/22 rugar with a can.
Quieter than my Benjimne marauder,it has factory baffles

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
With my Silencerco Sparrow mounted, standard velocity CCI and Gemtech cycle my Browning buckmark and Ruger 10/22 just fine.

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I am now building a pair of rifles as hunting alone is boring.

I was able to pick up a pair of Viperwolf IR laser illuminators for under $50 each. The IR flashlights are around $30 and camera to Weaver adapter is $25. The flashlight to picatinny is $10 or you can use a barrel clamp if you want the light out on the barrel.

My freaking Ruger 77/22 has a proprietary mounting system and takes a special rail. That set me back an extra $40.

The camera with night shot capability runs around $50-$60 on ebay.

The laser mounts to the rail, camera on top of the laser and light on the side. Totally modular so you can remove it to use the rifle in the day.

Night vision on the cheap AND you get to record the mayhem!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Carl Spackler! Licensed to kill Gophers!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
A company I used to work for in Chicago had a building with a basement connected to the old steam tunnels under the city. There was one old company employee whose job was to sit on a stool at the bottom of the stairs to the basement with a 22 and pop rats all day long.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Rats have become a nuisance, not house mouses, but freakin RATS. Nasty vermin RATS.

quote:
Originally posted by David W:
North GA, is not too far from Winston Salem, sounds like a great karma!!!

I bet Mars will ship you all the rats you want... Wink

Best of luck with your rat eradication project. Rats suck.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Photos please.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was able to pick up a pair of Viperwolf IR laser illuminators for under $50 each. The IR flashlights are around $30 and camera to Weaver adapter is $25. The flashlight to picatinny is $10 or you can use a barrel clamp if you want the light out on the barrel.

My freaking Ruger 77/22 has a proprietary mounting system and takes a special rail. That set me back an extra $40.

The laser mounts to the rail, camera on top of the laser and light on the side. Totally modular so you can remove it to use the rifle in the day.

That sounds totally awesome !!
Any chance of a list of the makes and models of the items used ?
I have a Ruger 10/22 I would love to try this with !!

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Vector Optics Viperwolf ir laser

UF-1405 T67 850nm IR flashlight

Sony handicam with night shot

You will need a rail.

As soon as parts start coming in, there definitely will be pixxes!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Next to Marzy, Carl Spackler is a rank amateur.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
A company I used to work for in Chicago had a building with a basement connected to the old steam tunnels under the city. There was one old company employee whose job was to sit on a stool at the bottom of the stairs to the basement with a 22 and pop rats all day long.

Takes seniority to get the good jobs!

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:

That just sounds like a blast, literally.
Happy hunting.

BTW, CCI Quiet22 will be very quiet out of a 77/22.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The laser is here!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
Cool Big Grin Cool

That looks like it's going to be a hoot! What does having both a flashlight and lasers do? Aren't they all on the same wavelength? How do you differentiate between the 2 when looking at the camera screen?

Also, why a pair of lasers? Triangulation to sight in?

I think your setup would be about $225 to buy new items, yes?

I know I want to have one!

Dan

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
OK, the laser is so much more dominant than the IR flashlight that it doesn't affect luminosity of the laser at all.

The laser is dual as the other laser is green.

The flashlight will be here this weekend.

Yes, I think you can get away with $250 even having to buy an old camera. Smile

As you can see, I made my own camera mount from an old Weaver ring. A mount is $25 and this was FREEEEEEE.

ANy questions on the camera mount, I will take one apart to show you how I made it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Probably over kill but you could have borrowed my 700 06 with the day/night on it Big Grin
Neighborhood would know each time you shot.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I'll be in a chicken house.

It would be like that time we shot my 03-A4 in your basement!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!