SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone have any firsthand experience with the Modern Outfitters Modern Carbine?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have any firsthand experience with the Modern Outfitters Modern Carbine? Login/Join 
The Steve McQueen of SIGforum
Picture of mosquito
posted
It's a AR-15 platform with all parts (except furniture) manufactured by them. Looks impressive, but I haven't heard much about them.

http://modern-outfitters.com/weapons/modern-carbine/

www.seventactical.com

Posts: 4711 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: December 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Other than the awkward name for it, it's looks just like another AR15.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Other than the awkward name for it

The Momsy (MOMC) gives the RPus a run for it's money, with the addition of some extra redundant redundancy.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
addition of some extra redundant redundancy.

Tactical to EXTRA TactiCOOL.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Twice as modern as the competition.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Their advertisement says they're very good...

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Steve McQueen of SIGforum
Picture of mosquito
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Their advertisement says they're very good...

Hmmm. Good point. Maybe I should solicit some firsthand experience before buying.

www.seventactical.com

Posts: 4711 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: December 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine works for Dallas PD and Modern Carbine is on their approved list of duty rifles for whatever that's worth. He really likes his but I have not shot it to give any first hand experience.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I used to live in Meridian, MS and I know the principles with the company. They are good people.

Don't have any firsthand knowledge of the guns, though.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I work a couple of days a week in Meridian and I do business with these guys. I have two of their .300blk pistol builds, and they are fantastic. Eric and Jon and all their staff are really good guys.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
I used to live in Meridian, MS and I know the principles with the company. They are good people.

Don't have any firsthand knowledge of the guns, though.

Well that's good to know. I'll have to check them out next time I'm in town.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Once you start optioning their guns they get pretty far up there in price and are playing in a well traveled field of competition.

Seem be solid builds though.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How do you compete in today's climate? Further gun control laws are not on the horizon, and the market is hyper saturated. Saying "Made in America" won't motivate buyers when it comes to the AR15, since almost all of these rifles are made domestically.

The proof is in the pudding

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post