SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Has anyone handled or shot the SA Saint Victor in .308?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone handled or shot the SA Saint Victor in .308? Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted
How is it? How's the trigger? Fit and finish? BCM stock lock up tight?

Etc etc.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a S&W M&P10 in .308.
A friend brought over an unfired Springfield in .308.
100% reliable out of the box.
Decent trigger.
Seems a bit lighter weight than mine and slimmer.
Moderate recoil.
I liked it a lot.
If I were buying today, that is what I would get.
I

Posts: 7 | Location: Near Clarksville, Tn. | Registered: May 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by d7dun:
I have a S&W M&P10 in .308.
A friend brought over an unfired Springfield in .308.

Seems a bit lighter weight than mine and slimmer.

The Saint Victor very well may be lighter and slightly smaller. While their website doesn't specify, it may be one of the newer style .308 ARs, which basically uses the front half of an AR-10 (from the magwell forward) and the back half of an AR-15 (behind the magwell).

There have been several other companies that have adopted this "Compact Frame"/"Small Frame" .308 pattern over the last few years, including the DPMS G2s, Mega MATEN, Adams Arms SF, POF Revolution, Savage MSR, etc.

These CF/SF .308 ARs are noticeably lighter and handier than the older full size SR25-style .308 ARs like the S&W M&P10. They can also use some AR-15 accessories, like grips, stocks, and trigger groups.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post