SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A2 Carry Handle Question??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A2 Carry Handle Question?? Login/Join 
posted
Is it generally accepted that with milspec carry handles the protective ears on either side of the rear aperature have some play to them? I recently went to a store to look some over and brand new still in the package there was a fair bit of movement on this part. Please chime in those of you that currently have detachable carry handle equipped ARs.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Super Shooter,

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Super Shooter:
Is it generally accepted that with milspec carry handles the protective ears on either side of the aperature have some play to them? I recemtly wemt to a store to look some over amd brand new still in the package there was a fair bit of movement on this part. Please chime in those of you that currently have detachable carry handle equipped ARs.

Thanks

You mean the side to side rotational movement of the sight? It’s normal. The rear sight assembly is spring loaded to stay in one place.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by Super Shooter:
Is it generally accepted that with milspec carry handles the protective ears on either side of the aperature have some play to them? I recemtly wemt to a store to look some over amd brand new still in the package there was a fair bit of movement on this part. Please chime in those of you that currently have detachable carry handle equipped ARs.

Thanks

You mean the side to side rotational movement of the sight? It’s normal. The rear sight assembly is spring loaded to stay in one place.

Thats what I mean, thanks for the info.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Normal but I don't like it.

I would go for the Daniel Defense A1.5 if I were buying a rear iron sight for a flattop.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Normal but I don't like it.

I would go for the Daniel Defense A1.5 if I were buying a rear iron sight for a flattop.

This. The A1.5 also has the offset hole in the large aperture, which is correct. When the aperture is flipped it moves a fraction laterally, so the offset corrects that and centers the hole. The A1.5 is solid.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I got the Daniel Defense A1 on my work rifle, it is absolutely glorious.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
I got the Daniel Defense A1 on my work rifle, it is absolutely glorious.

I have one on one of my midlengths, and it's absolutely perfect solid.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post