SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Marlin 39 Century LTD 100 Anniversary 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin 39 Century LTD 100 Anniversary 22 Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
Marlin really made some nice lever action guns back in the day. My new to me Marlin model 39 Century LTD 100 Anniversary 22. Made in 1970 20 inch octagon. Anyone else have a Marlin model 39 22 if so post pics

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Mine is around a '69 vintage, but unfortunately, the pics I had of it are lost in my old photo bucket account. I'll have to take more someday.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38596 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Love those century models with the straight stock!

I want a 39 for my rimfire collection, congrats!!

HK Ag

Posts: 3494 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a Marlin Golden 39A that I have owned since 1973. It has the pistol grip stock but still shoots great after thousands of rounds.

PC

Posts: 1331 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
No, but I sure WANT one.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
One of my bucket list guns, lusted for one since I was 10yrs old.

One day, I will buy one.

39's are great rifles, very accurate and reliable.

Miss my 39a too, not terribly fond of my 9422, doesn't have the solid feel of a Marlin.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
My first firearm was a Marlin 39M.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle! I've been lusting after a 39m for a long time, but they are nearly impossible to find, and the few I've seen have been stupid expensive. I've almost dropped the hammer on a Henry a couple of times, but I'm a Marlin guy at heart, and I keep holding out. My 1895G, 1894, and 336 Texan need a little brother...not a bastard step-sibling Big Grin.

Posts: 8410 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Nice Century. I have both the 39A Golden and the Mountie and love both of them. They just ooze quality, even compared to my slick little Browning BL-22's.

If Remarlington could manage to manufacture any variation of the venerable 39 without it being a complete train wreck, they'd sell a bunch of them.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15499 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Remarlington could manage to manufacture any variation of the venerable 39 without it being a complete train wreck, they'd sell a bunch of them.

I agree! The price of fairly clean Marlin 39 is getting crazy.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
My first firearm was a Marlin 39M.

That would be a treasure. My uncle had one, early 60's vintage, I think, and it was the .22 I learned to shoot with. Loved that gun.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
No, but I sure WANT one.

I'm surprised you don't have one. Not surprised you want one. My favorite .22 in any of its variations, and, like I said above, it's what I learned to shoot with.

The Constable
posted Hide Post
I lusted badly for a 39M way back in 1961 or 1962 as a kid. They were priced FAR out of the affordability range of an eleven year old though.

Finally found a 1962 39M maybe 20 years back at the Missoula Gun Show for $400 and bought it.

It is everything I thought it would be. Fast handling, steel and walnut, accurate with a very smooth action.

No recent photos but it still gets some plinking time occasionally.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you remember what they cost? I had a Golden 39A late sixties vintage, and can't remember what it cost. I have to believe it was less than $150.

The Constable
posted Hide Post
I should have called the straight stock 39 the A. I think they became the M "Mountie" years later.

The 39A Was $79.95 I remember it distinctly. A Princely sum in 1963. Especially for a kid.

A Winchester M-61 pump was $69 and a .30-30 M-94 was a few bucks more at $85!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
My brother and I learned to shoot with a Marlin 39 waaaaaayyyyyy back when. Dad's gun. It was a tack driver, I could nail just about anything with it. A while back I got a yen to have one of my own, so I looked around for a couple of months to find a used one in decent condition with a reasonable price tag. It turned out to be a disappointment, throwing one or two flyers every mag full. After a while I sold it. From time to time I'm tempted to find another one, but other priorities have kept it from happening.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
I should have called the straight stock 39 the A. I think they became the M "Mountie" years later.

The 39A Was $79.95 I remember it distinctly. A Princely sum in 1963. Especially for a kid.

A Winchester M-61 pump was $69 and a .30-30 M-94 was a few bucks more at $85!

Your pricing seems right. I got mine from an uncle who had a source at a veterans' lodge for less than retail pricing, and I thought I remembered something between $65-$75, but didn't believe myself. It probably was in that range. And, yeah, it was a bit of coin for a 15-year-old. Great gun, though. I seldom missed what I was aiming for.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
This is my first 39A which I found at a yard sale of an old couple that had passed away ... the kids were trying to get the house emptied out so they could sell it. Rough & neglected is an understatement, it was found sitting behind the furnace & hot water heater, I couldn’t see through th barrel for the rust build up so I gave $50 for it as a project. Years went by and I found a Century barrel on eBay. I put it on but the wood & ferrel didn’t fit right and I had to cut down the tube magazine as it was longer than the barrel. I shot it a couple times but didn’t like the looseness of the hand guard. I’d been looking at eBay, GunBroker, on Numrich Gun Parts and a few other sites and after a couple more years I found a Century handguard & original octagonal end cap ... then stripped the stock and ended up with

I’d picked up a few others but this one is special!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I have three 39s. A Golden, a 39D, and a Mountie. All from the 60s and 70s.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6294 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post