SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MPX Issue???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX Issue??? Login/Join 
posted
I have a factory MPX SBR. It was sealed in the box when I purchased it. I have noted that it appears the hammer is contacting the front of the lower receiver. So much so that it has pushed the metal in where the hammer rest. I can see the hammer being pushed back from the receiver when I pivot the upper receiver down on the lower, so it would be impossible for this to occur during normal firing. So my conclusion is that Sig has let the hammer fly at the factory with no bolt/upper in place.

Does anyone else have this mark on their lower and hammer? Should I be concerned? If you have an MPX can you post up a pic simular to mine so I can see the hammer and receiver area. Thanks in advance!

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
If thats the only flaw youve found, Id say you're doing well. I wouldnt be concerned with it.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rlex
posted Hide Post
Yes I have a similar loss of coating/finish....

I have had mine my MPX for over a year.....no problem

Retired US Naval Officer - Surface Warfare

Posts: 34 | Location: VT | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
Same on my pistol (now SBR). The "issue" with the MPX lowers is the trigger springs have some good oomph to them. The thing that really bugs me is the charging handle cosmetic issue.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Document it with Sig CS but I wouldn't bother sending it in unless it becomes worse.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got my factory SBR out of jail and I saw the same exact marks as your pic. Wouldnt exactly call it an issue.

Posts: 24 | Location: FL | Registered: April 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post