SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger American Ranch 556 AR mag version?]
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger American Ranch 556 AR mag version?] Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
Ruger American Ranch 556, Model 26965.
Both my brother and I have one on the way. Anyone have one, how do you like it? This is not the rotary mag one that seems to have issues. I'm looking forward to it!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, just take my money...

I picked up an American compact in .223 a while back for the wife. Guess I should have waited for this.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
This is it

I have never seen or heard of it until my brother told me yesterday

https://ruger.com/products/ame...pecSheets/26965.html

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like they also have a 300BLK model that now accepts AR mags.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Dear Ruger: MagPul makes a 10-round AK type mag and C Products Defense makes 5- and 10-round AR type mags for the 7.62x39. Oh, and Howa's 7.62x39 mags for the 1500 short bolt action are absurdly overpriced.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Ruger American 7.62x39 is awesome fun and extremely accurate and reliable with commie ammo. The ar15 mag version is also a lot of fun. Ruger did it right.

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I wish they would somehow make a lever action AR style mag rifle!

Beth Greene

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Funny you should ask....

This set up has been a "blast" to shoot!
--don't want to annoy to quite crowd--
But I love this setup for coyotes .
Using match grade ammo this little bugger is surprisingly accurate.
I'd reach for my wallet when I say , you can bet money on this setup.
This is a winner in the accuracy for dollar equation!!

But to keep to skeptics at bay I will say YMMV.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Hey Grumpy, what glass do you have on there? Is that an adapter on that comp? In the picture it kind of looks like an adapter.

Beth Greene

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
The scope is a Nikon 4-12x ,I'll have to look again as to which model as I'm not home.
The comp is one a member here gave me.
Minus the blast diverter.

http://www.kineti-tech.com/kin...aded-sleeve-2-piece/

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Ah, I see now, the threads shown are for the sleeve. I have a Nikon P223 scope on an AR that I was thinking on swapping over to mine when it arrives to keep it budget. That scope always did well for me.

Beth Greene

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I picked it up Tuesday with glass in hand and sighted it in at 25 yds (indoor range and it's been raining for weeks). I kind of like it!

With 30 round mag

With 10 round mag

Beth Greene

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My wallet gets the shakes every time I open this thread.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in hearing how the bolt travel feels. I have the Mossberg MVP that takes AR style mags and there's definitely a "hitch" in the bolt action. Not smooth, but functional.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20296 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
My wallet gets the shakes every time I open this thread.

Ain't that the truth...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12742 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
I would be interested in hearing how the bolt travel feels. I have the Mossberg MVP that takes AR style mags and there's definitely a "hitch" in the bolt action. Not smooth, but functional.

RMD

It feels pretty smooth to me, I was able to actuate it pretty quick. I have not had a bolt action gun since the early 90s, so i really can't compare.

Beth Greene

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I picked up one in 300 BLK as soon as I found one in stock. Then I gave it to a buddy to hang on to it until my birthday. Got it last Saturday. Feels pretty smooth. I'm still unpacking the gun stuff from our recent move but I'm pretty sure I have a 7.62 suppressor mount packed away. I'm going to find it and put some rounds down range this weekend.

Can't wait to see how quiet it is.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
My brother has the same rifle as I, he already had the American Ranch in 7.62 and he just ordered a Ranch in 6.5 creedmore. I'm waiting on my pre order TS12, so I'm not going to keep up with him on this path!

Beth Greene

posted Hide Post
Does the Ruger AR mag version have a similar piece that hangs from the bolt like on the Mossberg?

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked mine up today. I got the .300BO one that takes AR mags.
Now I have to figure out what I want on top of it.
Looking forward to shooting some subsonics through it with a can to see how quiet it is.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post