SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    9mm AR, Glock vs Colt?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm AR, Glock vs Colt? Login/Join 
posted
Curious if there is any advantage to the Glock platform lowers for a 9mm at. Palmetto is nearly giving them away right now.
I already have two Colt pattern lowers, one pistol and one rifle, and am basically looking for a good reason not to build another one. And it would be a use for all the Glock mags I seem to have laying around.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfe 21,

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
The advantage is that they take Glock mags? Confused

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
If you already have Glock mags, there is your advantage and a good reason - interchangeability.

I have no Glock mags, so I went Colt. After all of the PSA sales on the Metalform mags, I have a good supply of them.

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no good reason not to.

Do it.

9mm Colt mag sbr
9mm Colt mag carbine
9mm Glock mag pistol

They seem to build themselves Wink

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
GLOCK lowers open it up to a couple more calibers, Like .40 and .357 without getting some proprietary mag that's stupid expensive or unreliable.

With the addition of the large frame lowers, I cannot wait to get a 10mm

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I would kinda like a 45 myself.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The only issue I've had with my PSA glock mag AR9 is the trigger pins started to walk upon first use but they've stayed out since and it's been lots of fun. Still waiting to get my first groundhog with it.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post