SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig M400 locked up
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig M400 locked up Login/Join 
posted
Guys

At the indoor range last week. Ran about 40 rounds of Winchester 5.56 62gr Soft points. Switched to White Box 55 gr. 5.56 ( what we qualify with) and the charging handle jammed . Long story short, Range guys helped me unlock the charging handle and re-lube the bolt etc. Loaded the mag, charge the rifle and zip.... nothing. Ok took it all apart... well in the lug was brass. Range guys picked it out and low and behold , its what left of a White Box 5.56 primer. Reloaded and bang , one round down range. Pulled the gun from duty and at home took it apart. Found yet another piece of brass in the lug from the 5.56. OK anyone ever heard of White Box ammo shearing off a primer? No more White Box on duty for me. We can carry the 62 grain soft points , if we purchase them.

Posts: 305 | Location: Chicagoland  | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah fuck that ammo - might want to ID the lot and all Winchester. Sounds like it could be loaded hot and be popping the primers, although WWB is typically light loaded IME

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I agree, sounds like a bad lot to me. I reload .223 and some primers feel like they go in very easily and I've never had one pop out.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WWB is notorious for quality problems. I would suggest you buy Federal or Magtech.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
yeah...say no to Winchester white box

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post