SIGforum
Sig M400 locked up

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6030016164

October 02, 2019, 11:34 AM
officerdave
Sig M400 locked up
Guys

At the indoor range last week. Ran about 40 rounds of Winchester 5.56 62gr Soft points. Switched to White Box 55 gr. 5.56 ( what we qualify with) and the charging handle jammed . Long story short, Range guys helped me unlock the charging handle and re-lube the bolt etc. Loaded the mag, charge the rifle and zip.... nothing. Ok took it all apart... well in the lug was brass. Range guys picked it out and low and behold , its what left of a White Box 5.56 primer. Reloaded and bang , one round down range. Pulled the gun from duty and at home took it apart. Found yet another piece of brass in the lug from the 5.56. OK anyone ever heard of White Box ammo shearing off a primer? No more White Box on duty for me. We can carry the 62 grain soft points , if we purchase them.
October 02, 2019, 01:40 PM
RHINOWSO
Yeah fuck that ammo - might want to ID the lot and all Winchester. Sounds like it could be loaded hot and be popping the primers, although WWB is typically light loaded IME
October 02, 2019, 02:18 PM
gearhounds
I agree, sounds like a bad lot to me. I reload .223 and some primers feel like they go in very easily and I've never had one pop out.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
October 02, 2019, 04:13 PM
K.O.A.M.
WWB is notorious for quality problems. I would suggest you buy Federal or Magtech.

What, me worry?
October 11, 2019, 09:27 AM
Ronin101
yeah...say no to Winchester white box