SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Current production .22 pumps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Current production .22 pumps Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
My dad has a Winchester model 62. I doubt I'll ever have the opportunity to inherit it, with 5 other siblings.

What current production rifle compares? I'd like to get either a small pump .22 or a Henry lever youth model to do some shooting with my kids. I've got a couple of Marlins (semi and bolt), but I'd like a smaller rifle that will work with .22 shorts as well.

I'm a bit ignorant, suggestions?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Buddy just got a Henry pump. Had no interest in one until I played with his.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
look around for the Rossi/Taurus model,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that Henry may be the closest to the old marlin 20a.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Damnit. I checked out the 22plinkster review and now I want one. $420 is a little steep for a plain ole 22 these days (10/22 wood models are $200 lately) but its pretty unique and looks like it'll last a few generations.

Remington also makes a current production model 572 which has a more modern/shotgun style look to it, and goes for around $550. I'd like to check them both out in person, but I imagine I'll have a hard time finding either locally.

Thanks a lot, these were not on my radar at all.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
.22 pumps, definitely fall into the fun gun category, should be on everybody's bucket list to get.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
You could post a wanted ad in the classified here, as well as contact Osage County and TGS and see what happens.

Sounds fun, best wishes to you.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
While I haven't shot the current production 572, I have a pre-64 model that I learned to shoot on and absolutely love. Not one to brag because I'm not a world class shooter, but I think the reason I was so quickly successful with my 870, was due to my experience with the 572.

If you don't mind one with some character, I'd buy a used 572 and go from there.

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Why not spend the same money on a vintage Winchester in decent condition? Any decent sized gun shop should have one or two hanging around.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Have a rossi gallery model pump that I've owned for over 35 years. Had to replace the trigger due to wearing it out. No telling how many rounds through it. Has to be many thousands. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Just sayin.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlbailey1:
While I haven't shot the current production 572, I have a pre-64 model that I learned to shoot on and absolutely love. Not one to brag because I'm not a world class shooter, but I think the reason I was so quickly successful with my 870, was due to my experience with the 572.

If you don't mind one with some character, I'd buy a used 572 and go from there.

I am solidly in this camp. I love my 572, even if it is one of the oldest things I own.

-shooter

Posts: 342 | Location: VA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post