SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger American Rifles now take AICS and AR-15 magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger American Rifles now take AICS and AR-15 magazines Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
Ruger's been on a roll lately with their magazine compatibility options. First their 7.62x39 American Ranch Rifle that uses Mini-30 mags. Then their 9mm PC Carbine that uses either Ruger SR9 or Glock magazines.

And now, Ruger just recently revealed models of their American Rifles that use AICS magazines or AR-15 magazines (depending on caliber).

The Ruger American rifles are great budget-level bolt rifles, but their flimsy plastic rotary magazines are one of their main drawbacks. Ruger has apparently been listening to their customers.

The new magazine options are available in American Predator rifles in .223, 6.5 Grendel, .308, .243, .204 Ruger, 6mm Creedmore, and 6.5 Creedmore, and in American Ranch rifles in .223 and .300 Blackout.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger has been awesome lately from the new options they have in their Redhawk line, the new hawkeye precision rifle, as well as everything you mentioned above and a bunch of stuff Im leaving out.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I’ve been eyeing the Ranch in 300 blk as of late. Makes the perfect PA deer rifle where I’m not taking shots over 100-150 yards. Use a 110 or 120 grain super and it’s a nice combination. That and not having to invest in another caliber is a huge draw for me.

I’m anxiously awaiting Magpul to release their hunter stock for it. Only concern is if I’ll be able to make it work for the 300 blk as typically they use the pmag5

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Wish they would make the Scout 5.56 take AR mags

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 to the scout taking AR mags. I have a Mossberg MVP that I bought just for that reason, but have been sorely tempted by the Ruger..

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are some of the new American bolt guns with AI style mags.

https://ruger.com/products/ame...leGoWild/models.html

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Thanks for telling us that news.

I either wanted the 7.62x39 version or the 5.56 version and was leaning toward the 7.62x39 due to using the Mini 30 mags.

I was surprised however , about the 5.56 using AR mags, figured they would design it for Mini 14 mags. I have a 583 Series Mini 14 Ranch rifle, and lots of 5.56 ammo, reloading, etc, just hated to add another caliber going with the 7.62x39.

Yes, Ruger has been on the ball lately, they brought back a pistol I had been wanting for a long time, the 327 Federal SP 101 3".

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Stick one in of these in a Boyd’s Pro Varmint stock and should have a sweet little shooter.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah Ruger is going to be in my pocket hard this year. I ordered one of the new precision .22's that should have delivered today but didn't because of weather, should get it tomorrow.
Told dealer to get me one of the new American Ranch too that takes AR mags in .300BO.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post