SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beretta 1301 vs Benelli M1S90
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 1301 vs Benelli M1S90 Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted
M1 has been my staple for years. 1301 is a recent pickup.

The 1301 is lighter, shorter, faster, better sights.....M1 is proven. Not keeping both.

Which would you keep?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should keep the 1301...

...because I don't have an M1...

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
You should keep the 1301...

...because I don't have an M1...

You should sell your M4 and buy the M1...I know a guy in the market.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I had a 1301FP many moons ago. It was 100% reliable. I then picked up (was issued) an M1S90 and shortly thereafter got rid of the 1301FP. Both were 100% reliable, but the 1301FP seemed to recoil much harder with full buck and slugs than the M1S90. Plus, the sights on the M1S90 were far better than the rifled style on my 1301FP, although that's an easy fix.

Ford vs Chevy really.....I actually wish I still had that old, pretty shot up M1S90. It never had a hiccup, even with birdshot. The same can't be said for my current M4 SBS. It's fine with full buck and slug, but won't run well on the tactical buck loads/etc.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had my HK M1S90 Tactical since the early 90s; an outstanding shotgun and definitely a keeper. Has never faltered regardless of load or use, just lucky I guess. Only mods are an extended mag tube and a Mesa Tactical Urbino stock. Perfect fit with shortened LOP, and shorter for better maneuverability.

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Yeah, its hard to give up the confidence of a known gun for the new kid on the block. The Beretta is pretty damn handy though.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
I had a 1301FP many moons ago. It was 100% reliable. I then picked up (was issued) an M1S90 and shortly thereafter got rid of the 1301FP. Both were 100% reliable, but the 1301FP seemed to recoil much harder with full buck and slugs than the M1S90. Plus, the sights on the M1S90 were far better than the rifled style on my 1301FP, although that's an easy fix.

Ford vs Chevy really.....I actually wish I still had that old, pretty shot up M1S90. It never had a hiccup, even with birdshot. The same can't be said for my current M4 SBS. It's fine with full buck and slug, but won't run well on the tactical buck loads/etc.

Are you talking about the old Beretta 1201FP, or the newer 1301? I’ve never seen the FP designation used with the 1301. The 1201 is a much different gun than the 1301.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:

Are you talking about the old Beretta 1201FP, or the newer 1301? I’ve never seen the FP designation used with the 1301. The 1201 is a much different gun than the 1301.

I assumed he meant 1201FP too.

Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Yup - I'm an idiot. I'll go flog myself accordingly.

My brain jumped right to the older 1201. I have no experience with the newer 1301.

quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
quote:

I assumed he meant 1201FP too.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
New, just released, generation 2, 1301 would be my choice.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
New, just released, generation 2, 1301 would be my choice.

Can't seem to find any article about the gen2.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never heard of the Gen 2. What’s the difference?

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
My experience with gas operated shotguns is confined to the SLP and the Winchestrer SX2 and SX3.

Those gas guns can run great.

I went to a Benelli M2 to see what the hubbub was about and I don't think I could go back to a gas gun.

Some will say they recoil more. Perhaps, but recoil is subjective.

I did shoot my M2 side by side with a buddies Mossberg JM Pro.

His JM Pro did shoot softer than my M2 with birdshot. But the difference was slight, in my opinion.

Interestingly, his shotgun recoiled WAY more with slugs than mine did. This was both of us trying both, same ammo, shoot one, set it down, shoot the other. We both agreed.

The Beretta is a great shotgun, and some friends of mine use them for 3-gun and like them a lot.

I don't think there is a 'wrong answer'. I am content with my Benelli.

Posts: 14121 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I bought a 24" 1301 when it first came out... It's now the only shot gun I own. I originally bought it thinking I would get into 3 gun.. that hasn't happened, but it has become my duck, dove, and sporting clays gun. It's a great piece of equipment.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Never heard of the Gen 2. What’s the difference?

Comes in FDE finish and has a bolt release shroud. THats pretty much it.

https://www.americanrifleman.o...01-tactical-shotgun/

Yep, not worth the 400.00 differnce. Aluminum rail too. I can get teh shroud for 6.00 and the rail for 25.00....I'll keep the Gen1

posted Hide Post
quote:

More like Chevy vs GMC haha since they are both owned by the same company.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep the M1.

Mine has been flawless from slugs to the least expensive #8 shot.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
Keep the M1.

Mine has been flawless from slugs to the least expensive #8 shot.

+1 Same here, I agree with all of the above comments.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Loaded the M1 back up tonight. Maybe when I can swing an M4 I'll consider it again but for now I just couldn't give it up.

Thanks for playing.

posted Hide Post
Don't have any experience with the 1301 but I'm a big fan of the M1.

---------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post