SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    S&W MP10 sub $800. Thoughts?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W MP10 sub $800. Thoughts? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is helpful guys. Thank you.

That $179 plus free shipping on the PSA gen2 complete lower is really tempting me. But so is a sub $800 MP10, doh!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I am kind of in agreement. I need to find a seller who will do a 60-90 day layaway now. Smile

Or just get a 0% intro APR CC and have the gun now.
https://www.nerdwallet.com/bes...t-cards/low-interest

Just saying!

Or if you buy 2 of the PSA deals of the day you have a PSA AR10 with stainless barrel for under $600.
https://palmettostatearmory.co...andle-516445344.html

https://palmettostatearmory.co...ceiver-77932912.html

I find it amazing how often PSA runs specials for complete upper and lower halves for many of their firearms that end up being cheaper than buying the completed gun outright.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
I am kind of in agreement. I need to find a seller who will do a 60-90 day layaway now. Smile

Or just get a 0% intro APR CC and have the gun now.
https://www.nerdwallet.com/bes...t-cards/low-interest

Just saying!

Or if you buy 2 of the PSA deals of the day you have a PSA AR10 with stainless barrel for under $600.
https://palmettostatearmory.co...andle-516445344.html

https://palmettostatearmory.co...ceiver-77932912.html

I find it amazing how often PSA runs specials for complete upper and lower halves for many of their firearms that end up being cheaper than buying the completed gun outright.

Pretty sure there is an 11% excise tax on all complete firearms. But since they are sold separate no extra tax.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25357 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
According to the internet, if you blow up the barrel on your Smith .308 rifle, they wont fix it, and wont sell you a barrel so you can fix it.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
S&W MP10 sub $800. Thoughts?

You get what you pay for?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
According to the internet, if you blow up the barrel on your Smith .308 rifle, they wont fix it, and wont sell you a barrel so you can fix it.

so....how many documented, verified cases are there of people blowing up a .308 barrel?

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While S&W M&P rifles are not DD or BCM, they are reliable and S&W has great customer service.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
S&W MP10 sub $800. Thoughts?

You get what you pay for?

Says the guy with skull Spikes lowers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RHINOWSO,

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chino101
posted Hide Post
I had the version with the 18" barrel and it shot about one MOA with 155 Grain BTHP Hornady Match (2" at 200 yards) and will consistently hold 1.5 MOA using M80 ball firing 5 rounds. My favorite feature was the ambi bolt hold open which allowed me to pull back the charging handle, and lock the bolt open without switching hands.

Posts: 510 | Location: Maryland | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
In response to the guy that doesn't know the difference between Sharps Brothers and Spikes ...

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Comone man, lets see it.

I forget which MOLON LABE drooling company makes those, either way, they are, meh to a large degree.

https://sharpsbros.com/ar15/lower-receiver/

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post

200 yard group

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Guys, it was just too hard to pass up the gen II PSA lower upper AR10 set for $530 shipped. Reviews seemed overwhelmingly positive. The upper has an 18" ss barrel Smile

If it can consistently hit a 6" pie plate out the 600 yds. I will be happy. Do you think that is possible. On second thought, even a 12" plate would be exceptional at that distance, no?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Guys, it was just too hard to pass up the gen II PSA lower upper AR10 set for $530 shipped. Reviews seemed overwhelmingly positive. The upper has an 18" ss barrel Smile

If it can consistently hit a 6" pie plate out the 600 yds. I will be happy. Do you think that is possible. On second thought, even a 12" plate would be exceptional at that distance, no?

That's a pretty good price for an AR10.

Consistently hitting a 6" round at 600 yards with a 308 is in the realm of really talented shooters with a precision bolt action rifle with great ammo. Keyboard commandos will state that this is "only" 1 MOA, which they can do all day long, when I do my part....

You should be able to hit the 6" plate, but it won't be consistent. You'll have higher impact rates with the 12" plate. Realistically, consistent impact rates will probably come from a 15" to 18" plate.

Understand that with FGMM 175, at 600 yards your bullet drifts about 3" for every 1 mph of crosswind. So to hit a 6" round you need to have elevation perfect and guess the wind within 2 mph. If your elevation is a couple inches high or low (which is only 1/3 MOA of variation), you probably have to guess wind drift within 1 mph. Of course, values double going from the 6" to the 12" plate.

I suspect your rifle at best has 1 MOA capabilities, but more likely in the 1.5 MOA ballpark. Nothing wrong with that, especially for the price. Enjoy, and let us know how you like it after sending a handful of boxes of ammo down range.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’m starting to like my PSA10. I’m still learning to shoot it but it’s becoming dangerously close to a 1 moa rifle. It seems to like 168gr Amax bullets.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:
quote:

I’m starting to like my PSA10. I’m still learning to shoot it but it’s becoming dangerously close to a 1 moa rifle. It seems to like 168gr Amax bullets.

Good to hear. What upper do you have? What optic are you running? Did you just get it?

Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:
quote:

Good to hear. What upper do you have? What optic are you running? Did you just get it?

I got it in March of 2018 and it’s a PSA 10 gen2 upper and lower. I’m using a Sightron S2 6x24 for optics currently. I replaced the PSA enhanced trigger group with a Larue MBT. Mine was about $675 with shipping.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
M&P rifles are GTG, whether AR-15 or AR-10. The Sport concept has been a huge boon to S&W; great quality (so far) at a fairly aggressive price point. I get annoyed that our other buyer (who normally handles everything S&W) doesn't order more of them.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
So my PSA genII complete upper with 18" ss barrel showed up recently. Looks good. It has at some point been mated to a lower. Can see some light scratches at the front pin joint. No biggy. My lower is on the slow boat ups transit system to my ffl. Probably be a week or so yet.
I have a 1" tube LaRue rail scope mount. I have a fixed 6x or 2-7x33 Leupold scope that may be what I use for the for see able future. Should be good optic's on a budget.

posted Hide Post
I bought a PSA10 Gen2, upper and lower on sale for less than $500 this summer It has the stainless 18 " barrel and shoots fine. I have been shooting Malaysian Nato ammo thru it and runs well

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post