SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    S&W MP10 sub $800. Thoughts?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W MP10 sub $800. Thoughts? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That sounds good Kyoung. How is the trigger? What are you using optic wise? How has accuracy been?

I have some Fedral 147gr ball I plan to use initially and them some Nosler 165 gr. Also some privi in 147gr I believe.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
https://grabagun.com/smith-and...mpaign=Daily%20Email

Ill just leave this here....

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Guys, it was just too hard to pass up the gen II PSA lower upper AR10 set for $530 shipped. Reviews seemed overwhelmingly positive. The upper has an 18" ss barrel Smile

If it can consistently hit a 6" pie plate out the 600 yds. I will be happy. Do you think that is possible. On second thought, even a 12" plate would be exceptional at that distance, no?

I think you made a great buy there. Five or more years ago, a decent AR10 was closer to $1,000 than $500.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I hope you enjoy your PSA AR10. I have an M&P10 that I dropped a QMS trigger in that shoots like a dream.

For as little as I use mine, coupled with the S&W lifetime warranty, the M&P 10 made sense for my situation.

I still haven't settled on the glass I like yet.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Got both the upper and lower finally.

Both look good. Fit together nicely. No issues.

Ran a cleaning rod with some hoppes through the barrel. Pulled the CH and wiped the BCG down.

Have the LaRue SPR-S LT154 I believe, mounted. Just need some glass. I have a couple scopes that will work. Not sure I have the one that I will keep on it. I am thinking a fixed 4x or 6x possibly

The initial feel of the rifle is good. Lighter than what I figured. Think it is very usable as is. Trigger is not bad. I think it will smooth a bit after some use.

I will be surprised if it is not a shooter. I am feeling like it will be. I definitely like the 18" barrel. I do not feel like it needs a rail to this point. I am liking the simplicity of it.

Nothing has me disappointed about it after receiving and getting my hands on it. But I have not fired yet so that is the next step.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Primary arms 1-6 acss i had laying around on it and it shoots alright. a limbsaver will be your friend.

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post