SIGforum
S&W MP10 sub $800. Thoughts?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/5980018054

December 30, 2018, 12:08 PM
old rugged cross
S&W MP10 sub $800. Thoughts?
That sounds good Kyoung. How is the trigger? What are you using optic wise? How has accuracy been?

I have some Fedral 147gr ball I plan to use initially and them some Nosler 165 gr. Also some privi in 147gr I believe.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
January 02, 2019, 05:17 PM
Nick
https://grabagun.com/smith-and...mpaign=Daily%20Email

Ill just leave this here....

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"
January 03, 2019, 05:19 AM
beachman
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Guys, it was just too hard to pass up the gen II PSA lower upper AR10 set for $530 shipped. Reviews seemed overwhelmingly positive. The upper has an 18" ss barrel Smile

If it can consistently hit a 6" pie plate out the 600 yds. I will be happy. Do you think that is possible. On second thought, even a 12" plate would be exceptional at that distance, no?

I think you made a great buy there. Five or more years ago, a decent AR10 was closer to $1,000 than $500.
January 04, 2019, 02:00 PM
Veeper
I hope you enjoy your PSA AR10. I have an M&P10 that I dropped a QMS trigger in that shoots like a dream.

For as little as I use mine, coupled with the S&W lifetime warranty, the M&P 10 made sense for my situation.

I still haven't settled on the glass I like yet.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken
January 11, 2019, 11:33 PM
old rugged cross
Got both the upper and lower finally.

Both look good. Fit together nicely. No issues.

Ran a cleaning rod with some hoppes through the barrel. Pulled the CH and wiped the BCG down.

Have the LaRue SPR-S LT154 I believe, mounted. Just need some glass. I have a couple scopes that will work. Not sure I have the one that I will keep on it. I am thinking a fixed 4x or 6x possibly

The initial feel of the rifle is good. Lighter than what I figured. Think it is very usable as is. Trigger is not bad. I think it will smooth a bit after some use.

I will be surprised if it is not a shooter. I am feeling like it will be. I definitely like the 18" barrel. I do not feel like it needs a rail to this point. I am liking the simplicity of it.

Nothing has me disappointed about it after receiving and getting my hands on it. But I have not fired yet so that is the next step.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
January 12, 2019, 05:59 AM
kyoung
I have a Primary arms 1-6 acss i had laying around on it and it shoots alright. a limbsaver will be your friend.